G5 Data Problem Post Update

Porchet

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I recently updated my LG G5 to the latest software version after being prompted.
Today I found that the phone no longer connects to data. I can browse the web when connected to wifi, as normal, however when that's off, no internet connection is found (data is turned on for sure). The signal strength shows full bars and I've tried resetting network options. Baffled, I've tried everything from restarting phone to removing and re-inserting the sim card. Finally, I did a factory reset of the phone and still cannot get internet through data. Does anyone know any method of fixing this? Otherwise, is it possible to roll back to an older software version?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which carrier? Have you already discussed this issue with them?

Porchet

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I purchased the phone unlocked, so there is no carrier-specific software on it, but I'm with iiNet in Australia. I don't think it's a carrier issue because my family also uses them and do not have this problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad it's working! You'd think they'd be automatic, but I think things can get a little messy when you have an unlocked phone, or after an update.

moekyawthu991

Jan 25, 2018
Visit site
Hello, my LG G5 is no internection now. My lg g5 LS992 unlocked, now I used in Thailand. Wifi can use and has sim signal. But, internet data connection cannot use. Why? Please help me. Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non