Camera scratches

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have not heard of anything like that except consumer damage.

Update: I was thinking of the V20.... Not sure if the glass is different.

Last edited:

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Someone else reported this on here too, mainly in the camera photo forums, but I think that person ended up returning the G6 due to that and a few other issues.

I doubt it will impact the camera quality at all, but it may be a concern if a lot more show up. While Gorilla Glass 5 is resilient against breaking, it is prone to getting scratched up. Always trade offs.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I had the same thing and returned mine for a new one. Im in a SUPCASE and have no idea how they happened. It didnt cause any issues besides driving my OCD into hyperdrive. So far on the new one Im scratch free but I wont be cleaning the camera with anything but tape from this day forward just in case. I hadnt cleaned the other one at all so I know it wasnt rubbing something across the glass. GG5 kinda stinks for this reason.

Reg Robinson

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I noticed my Verizon G6 had several light, but noticeable, scratches over both lenses two days after purchase. I do not know how or when they happened. Could have shipped that way or maybe I inadvertently did it when I was struggling to get the dang IMEI back sticker off. My local Verizon store rep apologized & exchanged it for a new unmarred G6 with no questions asked. Without my prompting, they also let me keep the original G6 charger and put a new free glass screen protector on for me. Thank you Verizon! I have used the replacement heavily for two days (in a case) and the camera has no scratches.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I wonder why lg decided to use 3 different gg. If it was just a cost cutting decision or they had some logic to it.
I'm assuming, 5 on the back due to the slight curve, 3 up front due to scratch resistance since they have other measures for strength, 4 on the camera for strength. Since the camera glass isn't curved no need for 5 but wanted the added strength over 3. I just find it odd that 4 is scratching so easily on some of the devices. My new one is still perfect but my original phone looked like a bear got ahold of it. Any other phone I've had with 4 on it has held up extremely well against scratches.