My First week with my G6

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Samsung user for many years. Choose G6 over S8 and Google pixel which was extremely tough decision. Here are my feelings. 1) Absolutely perfect size. I finally have a phone that fits just right in my hand. 2) Screen is beautiful, Not that is any better than any of the others but I can't see how it can get much better. 3) Speed, No issues, No lag, very peppy, bu tit has been only a week. 4) Battery, whole lot better than any phone, I've ever had. Once again it's only been 1 whole week. Now the down side. 1) No sidesync which is huge to me. I am at work all day and do a LOT of texting. I.T. Blocks all the external SMS sites so the sidesync was huge. I also purchased Teamviewer which worked well on my Samsung but as of yet, Teamviewer Tech support has been unable to help me get the LG remote control add-on to install. Still working with them as we speak. If I can't get any type of PC control, it may have to go back. I have had apps stop on me. Waze, Xfinity home, and I've never had these issues before. Overall, I like the design, but I think the software is starting to bite me in the butt and the problem is there really isn't anyone to contact about these issues.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So phone is awesome, but might not work out for your particular use case... that sucks, I hope this stuff gets resolved for you.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Now the down side.

1) No sidesync which is huge to me. I am at work all day and do a LOT of texting. I.T. Blocks all the external SMS sites so the sidesync was huge.

I also purchased Teamviewer which worked well on my Samsung but as of yet, Teamviewer Tech support has been unable to help me get the LG remote control add-on to install. Still working with them as we speak. If I can't get any type of PC control, it may have to go back. Overall, I like the design, but I think the software is starting to bite me in the butt and the problem is there really isn't anyone to contact about these issues.

Thanks for the detailed review @Frank Visconti 😃 It seems like everyone is praising the LG G6 on its hardware. The screen is definitely gorgeous.

I wish you the best of luck with your Teamviewer. Hopefully someone can comment after me with some helpful assistance :) there are some very knowledgeable people.

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with mine. The screen is beautiful. I like the pics I've taken so far. I'm not entering them in a competition so I'm not worried about them being terrific. Yes, I'd like a software update to improve darker images but otherwise, I'll snap in manual and adjust using Snapseed. I think battery life is great. Reception is great. I have not used the waterproof, won't do that till the pool opens which will be a couple months. I also love that I am getting Google Home and the TV for free. Those are big pluses. I think the Google assistant works better on this phone that my last. It's more responsive. That is something I use quite often. Overall, I am very pleased.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I've heard that the camera is a bit laggy. Can you please tell us more about that?

I just got mine too and what that means is when you tap the camera icon, it does not open as fast as the s7. It's not instant. There is almost a 1.5 sec lag. Afterwards tho pics SNAP fast

Yrral3215

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
When I tap my camera icon, the app opens in maybe 1 to 1.5 seconds. Zoom has maybe a 1/4 second of lag. Not enough for me to even notice until I looked for it. Im running in 4x3 13 mp mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress