Anybody get a G6 after having S8? (Update: I got the G6)

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Thinking of getting the LG g6

I have to say though this phone is awesome in so many ways...I'm not impressed with the camera or the screen. It's not very bright. Also I noticed some slight pink on the edges. That is disconcerting as well.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anybody get a G6 after having S8?

What was your reasoning?

The entire package for me is better with the G6. Feels great in the hand. Call quality is awesome, dual camera. I was having issues with the s8. Text fail issues, Iris scanner fail, battery life was really bad compared to previous devices. The s8 is solid, if I got the 8 instead of the plus maybe it would have been different, but I don't know. I'm really happy with the G6.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

Wow guys that's great... Just shows LG did make a awesome phone this year and is coming out of Samsung shadows... I just received my G6 today Indian version 64gb with hi-fi dac and free 1 time screen replacement within 6 months

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site

The entire package for me is better with the G6. Feels great in the hand. Call quality is awesome, dual camera. I was having issues with the s8. Text fail issues, Iris scanner fail, battery life was really bad compared to previous devices. The s8 is solid, if I got the 8 instead of the plus maybe it would have been different, but I don't know. I'm really happy with the G6.

Glad to hear that you like it. I have the S8 plus as well and various things had me wondering about exchanging it...The pink hue that I slightly notice, the dropped wifi...And the camera is not that impressive. I've had LG before...The v10 was awesome...So I'm looking forward to it.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Glad to hear that you like it. I have the S8 plus as well and various things had me wondering about exchanging it...The pink hue that I slightly notice, the dropped wifi...And the camera is not that impressive. I've had LG before...The v10 was awesome...So I'm looking forward to it.

I saw some of your posts a couple of days ago in the S8 forum. Hope you are happy with whatever device you end up with.

Anu Mantra

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

Wow guys that's great... Just shows LG did make a awesome phone this year and is coming out of Samsung shadows... I just received my G6 today Indian version 64gb with hi-fi dac and free 1 time screen replacement within 6 months

I really envy this region wise model change. I wish LG should have released quad-dac with 64 gb in USA. My LG V20 was so great in terms of audio quality with the B&O Earphones. Same earphones on G6 and I could feel the downside difference. :mad:

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I really envy this region wise model change. I wish LG should have released quad-dac with 64 gb in USA. My LG V20 was so great in terms of audio quality with the B&O Earphones. Same earphones on G6 and I could feel the downside difference. :mad:

LG really needs to get away from different markets getting different features. It is a bit of a let down when you know there is another phone out there just like yours with better specs or features

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Thinking of getting the LG g6

I have the G6 and S8+, but the screen is better and brighter on S8+ and camera is also better on the S8+ for me (minus the wide angle camera). What I do love on the G6 is the feel of it and it's just a fun and comfortable device to use, super ergonomic​. It does most things great but doesn't excel in any thing. At the end it depends what you want. A comfortable phone which does most things great or a sexy phone that looks stunning, filled with features but not super ergonomic. It all comes down to individual preference.