LG Leon LTE Doesn't Ring When Receiving Incoming Calls or Notify with Sound for Text Messages

grace73

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Calling the phone makes the accept/decline window pop up, but despite all the sound settings being turned to max with vibration the phone doesn't ring or vibrate when called.
Already tried:
* turning all sound to mute and back up again (from settings, the dropdown menu on home screen, and with buttons on back) and powered down to remove and put battery back in.
*clearing cache for a few apps
*set sound option to have no notifications interrupt
*turning off mobile data, wifi, bluetooth
*installing all updates
*receiving a test call in safety mode
*changing ringtone/text message notification sound
Note:
*Youtube media and such plays fine, as well as the touch feedback (when you click things).
*The text message notification sound doesn't work either when receiving a text message (help with this would also be appreciated).
*For some reason, when I tried changing the ring tone and text message tone to see if it would help, only the text message demos would play. *Also, I'm pretty sure no additional apps have been installed besides those that came with the phone by default, so I don't think any could be interfering with the ring tone.
*The whole thing probably isn't a problem with the speaker as a whole because only ringtone and notification sound don't work, whereas touch feedback & system and music, video, games & other media are fine.
Wondering if there's any other possibilities to try before attempting a total reboot. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21769If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress