LG Optimus S: 4.4 KitKat?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: 4.4 KitKat?

Well, I'm just curious to see how/if the Optimus handles it. If it's less hardware intensive then jb it'd be nice. I'm stuck for the moment

Tapatalk'n Squid style! Android 4.2.2 JBC on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

This is indeed interesting!
I first was made aware of KitKat 4.4 when some of my apps updated to support it..I was like Whaaaaaaaat?!?
I even posted something over in the V forum under the MiRaGe thread.
Good luck to you wraith and I'm sure everyone appreciates your time and effort into this:)
BIG thumbup!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

This is indeed interesting!
I first was made aware of KitKat 4.4 when some of my apps updated to support it..I was like Whaaaaaaaat?!?
I even posted something over in the V forum under the MiRaGe thread.
Good luck to you wraith and I'm sure everyone appreciates your time and effort into this:)
BIG thumbup!

:p thanks for the kind words. I'm still not sure how much further I'll be able to get. I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to building roms and I have no programing knowledge so everything I've done to this point is just copy and paste work from other people smarter then me. I'm also still hoping someone with more experience could dig in.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I've had to step back for a little bit due to an error I can't get past for the moment.... Plus I kind of messed up what I had going... I still need to learn to push my changes to my forked repo on github. For now I'm going to tinker with cm10.1 and .2 to give the armv6 some time with the new code for cm 11.0

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

it's going to be a week on that internet...
my starter plan was to build aosp generic_armv5 and start trying to patch the kernel. aosp generic gingerbread worked enough to poke around at with a good boot.img

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

@thewrath420 what's your github? I might try tinkering too and would like to see where you are

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

@thewrath420 what's your github? I might try tinkering too and would like to see where you are

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It's the same as my name here, thewraith420 but currently it's the same as Androidarmv6's because I haven't pushed any changes.... I actually still have to learn to do that

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

It's the same as my name here, thewraith420 but currently it's the same as Androidarmv6's because I haven't pushed any changes.... I actually still have to learn to do that

Which device tree are you using as I notice it isn't already in the androidarmv6 github (synced via their manifest)

ANDROID9274

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Which device tree are you using as I notice it isn't already in the androidarmv6 github (synced via their manifest)

i used device and vendor folders from thekraven's github

Ya'll had any luck so far?

I'm getting close. I don't have an Opti S so someone will need to be a guinea pig. Unfortunately, I'm building on my backup PC because an experiment is running on my main rig so this might take awhile to produce if I run into any hiccups.

Edit: Looks like the new Android Runtime (ART) has compiling problems on ARMv6. Trying some workarounds now.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting close. I don't have an Opti S so someone will need to be a guinea pig. Unfortunately, I'm building on my backup PC because an experiment is running on my main rig so this might take awhile to produce if I run into any hiccups.

Edit: Looks like the new Android Runtime (ART) has compiling problems on ARMv6. Trying some workarounds now.

That's where I made it to...

Edit:come to think of it... I have a file that might help you. I found an armv6 compatible atomic.h... It seems to get past where I was stuck on armv7 errors but spits up a new problem I couldn't get past... maybe it'll make more sense to you. Also if you need a tester I'd be glad to to.

Last edited:

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

I've got mine running Dante ROM right now for my daily driver, I will jump ship and run it if you post a flashable zip for CW Recovery to load! Can't wait for a new ROM to play with!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

my dumb landline internet is supposed to be on by this evening. it's only been two weeks since ordering it... never could get past seventy eight percent repo sync tethered.
my new computer already arrived, overpowered and beefy.
maybe soon I can test my generic-armv5 theory and at least have something to look at.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress