[Super-App] LG Optimus S Control Center 1.1.001 NO LONGER NEED ANDROID SDK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I totally just realized I misread your post.

Edited short answer: No
Edited long answer: The Control Center was designed for VC devices only. One of the (intended) side-effects of AAT is that Unrooting and recovery kernel flashing will only work on VC devices that have been previously rooted by the Control Center. Read the Android Automation Technology section in the original post to learn why this is. (HINT: shell scripts)

If you'd like a V9 recovery image and the proper unrooting steps, let me know and I'll upload the image and give you the steps to unroot and update to VC.

That would be great. I originally did all my root/recovery/rom using terminal emulator on the phone without a PC. I can't seem to find the right way to get the SDK stuff installed properly on my old XP PC.

I have a nandroid backup of V9 with the ThunderC recovery.

Appreciate the help

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
That would be great. I originally did all my root/recovery/rom using terminal emulator on the phone without a PC. I can't seem to find the right way to get the SDK stuff installed properly on my old XP PC.

I have a nandroid backup of V9 with the ThunderC recovery.

Appreciate the help

Do you have at least the LG drivers installed correctly? Meaning, can you enable USB Storage and copy files to/from the device?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: Can users force-flash zefie's VC cab as an alternative?
I believe they can as folks have done it without issues, but Cordell had some problems which I'm unable to determine at this time whether they are related to something specific to his phone or the process itself. I didn't want to start suggesting doing it that way until a few more people had tried it.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid I am not quite understanding this request. Are you:
A) Asking for an application that spits out custom ROMs?
B) Asking for the Control Center to be able to flash custom ROMs?

Answer to A: Thinking about it, but that would entail learning more about how ROMs are actually built. Not exactly on my priority list.
Answer to B: Definitely on the roadmap, but need to get kernel flashing to work first. A ROM flashing process that doesn't involve the regular recovery "install/apply zip file" process is presumably quite a feat. I'll figure it out though.
Sorry, I was kind of saying this in jest. For WinMo, they have "kitchens" so "chefs" can pump out custom roms via a point-and-click, listbox, etc. interface. Pick your kernel, pick your theme, pick your apps, etc. and it pumps out the equivalent of a single update.zip with what you chose. I was joking that since you are on a roll with automation, you might as well solve all the world's issues.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
are there any plans to get this to work with phones that have the OTA update?

Short answer: No
Long answer: In the OTA update, Sprint blocked the ability to root altogether. Until some genius (NOT me) figures out how to root OTA, there's not a whole lot that can be done. If you wish, you can force-revert to V9 and use the LG tool from there. Second link in my signature.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I was kind of saying this in jest. For WinMo, they have "kitchens" so "chefs" can pump out custom roms via a point-and-click, listbox, etc. interface. Pick your kernel, pick your theme, pick your apps, etc. and it pumps out the equivalent of a single update.zip with what you chose. I was joking that since you are on a roll with automation, you might as well solve all the world's issues.

Fair enough. But my answer to B still stands. Custom ROM flashing is definitely on the roadmap.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, So I am already rooted, is there is a simple solution to unrooting?

I used LG Mobile Updater Tool. Then rooted via windows command.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Great, will help make the process even more painless.

And I just figured out how to successfully flash kernels WITHOUT much user interaction with the recovery kernel.

Anyone know where I can find a stock VC kernel boot.img and required libs (if any)?

EDIT: Derp. Just answered my own question by opening the ThundeROM 1.7 zip.

Andybkn

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Flashing, Nadroid backup and custom recovery

1) I rooted my phone through the Lg Optimus S Control Center thanks to drew walton :), and i want to get a custom recovery. There is a drellisdee's custom recovery but i dont know if that is the original custom recovery...
2) I dont know how to flash roms... it says make a nadroid backup but i dont know how to do that... I want to flash ThundeRom 1.7 but were it says make a nadroid backup i get lost. then it says to flash rom but i dont see an option that says "flash rom" or anything...
3) i apparently installed xionia xlockwork recovery kernel but when i go to the recovery thing, its just the one that came with the phone... nothing changed but it said it did...
Help would be appreciated ;)

Last edited:

crosshairs308

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think I've got it.

To clarify, I should:

Use the LG Software Update tool to move from V9 to VC.
After that, use AAT to reroot and prepare for custom rom installation.

Yes? Maybe?

Your going to need to consider a few things. I spent a good portion of my night last night about to rip my hair out over this issue of what do you do once you update OTA VC. So here is what i have found:

If you have a reconditioned device with OTA VC...give up now. Your MEID is probably not registered with LG to update to VC through the LG updater. See this post for supporting evidence.

Check your device with this url to see if it is registered with LG for update through desktop: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=A000002XXXXXXX Insert your ESN at the end.

The response should look like this:
OK A000002XXXXXXX LGLS670 ASPRCQ 101KXXXXXXXXXX 20110120 LS670ZVC_11 http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGLS670/ASPRCQ/LS670ZVC_11/LS670ZVC_11.SC_11.P60674.cab http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGLS670/ASPRCQ/LS670ZVC_11/LS670ZVC_11.SC_11.P60674.cab GLOBAL/GLOBAL N N EG CDMA

If you confirmed you do have a new device, downgrade to V9 using this method

After you are back to V9 the LG desktop should allow you to update to VC since the handset is not reconditioned.

Then Control Center should be able to do what it does best. Let us know how it goes, if you have an new device. If yours is reconditioned, be patient and wait for one of these genius' to figure it out how to root OTA VC.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you have a reconditioned device with OTA VC...give up now. Your MEID is probably not registered with LG to update to VC through the LG updater. See this post for supporting evidence.
I don't think you should necessarily give up.

You should be able to Force Flash VC using the cab file. This process shouldn't depend on the LG website URL.

Instructions to Force Flash VC are in the *reference section* of the post in my signature.

Since you have a couple of refurb phones handy, perhaps you can try it out and see it works for you. Others have tried it and it works. Cordell had an issue, but he was using a slightly different procedure which flashed in Emergency mode.

crosshairs308

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you should necessarily give up.

You should be able to Force Flash VC using the cab file. This process shouldn't depend on the LG website URL.

Instructions to Force Flash VC are in the *reference section* of the post in my signature.

Since you have a couple of refurb phones handy, perhaps you can try it out and see it works for you. Others have tried it and it works. Cordell had an issue, but he was using a slightly different procedure which flashed in Emergency mode.

Good point. It shouldn't matter. I will trying this to see what a handful of devices do using this method. (recon and new)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Drellisdee's custom recovery is the OG custom recovery.

Did you attempt to flash xionia clockwork recovery while in recovery mode? Cause that won't work at all.

Kalums

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
YOU ROCK!!! Thx this was rediculously easy, i've been trying for two days to root, using adb. Kept getting the traffic finger from cmd.exe. so THX.

Status
Not open for further replies.