[Super-App] LG Optimus S Control Center 1.1.001 NO LONGER NEED ANDROID SDK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
yessir, i did, and i know i have SU enabled, because I saw the multiple prompts for SU to allow the change right before it reboots.

Also, as a side test, i run minfreemanager, and mybackup pro both of which require root access to function.
They both work great, and when use them for the first time after a reboot, i get the "superuser has granted permissions..." dialog

Out of curiosity, are you able to flash the other custom recovery? I've personally had issues with the CWM recovery flashing properly (and even when it did flash once, not launching via the usual method). Never had any issues with the other one though.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So how do you know if you were updated OTA or not? I received a phone from work and haven't done any OTA updates yet and I'm on LS670ZVC. Chances are It was OTA...

I ran the root from the Control Center 3 times and on reboot no SU.

cedbled

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, are you able to flash the other custom recovery? I've personally had issues with the CWM recovery flashing properly (and even when it did flash once, not launching via the usual method). Never had any issues with the other one though.

I haven't; I will try this later today when i get home....i had tried to compare them though,and at surface level, I thought i might like Xionia more....

I really don't know the difference to be honest...

Which one is better for Cyanogen, anyone?

lichan

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I know an unrooted, LG-updated VC radio/VC software phone is a requirement to run but you stated that an independently rooted VC could use the Control Center to re-root and then easily remove root, so can a phone that has done the TR 1.6.2 to LG update VC to TR 1.7 shortened update path use the Control Center to re-root, unroot, change recoveries, etc.?

cigman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
First post here. But have to give thanks where they are due. Flashed back to stock from nrom to update to VC. Then used this marvel to re-root. 2 thumbs up! Thank you!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Theoretically yes but ROMed installations aren't officially supported nor have they been thoroughly tested so I don't know what kinds of issues you could have. Try it if you want, and let me know.

Tattoo_Paul

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Figured out what happened and a way to get root. This may help others.

When I reverted from OTA-VC to V9 the VC partition and VC recovery survived as everyone said it would. Following the directions to reinstall V9 recovery and partition kept returning error messages, but finally appeared to take. That was an incorrect assumption.

My solution:

Reverted to V9 again; Installed z4root but did not run; installed LG Optimus S Control Center 1.1.001 on my computer and ran it with settings - software version-LS670ZV9, rooting status-not rooted, Recovery Kernel-stock V9 recovery.

Told it to root phone (it doesn't but bare with me). Once that finished, I ran z4root to get root and SuperUser.

Told it to Install stock LG recovery, allowed every time SU asked permission. Closed and Uninstalled Control center

Rebooted phone.

Installed LS670ZVC update with LGMobile update.

Re-installed control center with settings - software version-LS670ZVC, rooting status-not rooted, Recovery Kernel-stock V9 recovery.

Went to settings tab and selected "Force Root". Went back to advanced tab and clicked "Root Device" button and followed directions.

rebooted phone - had root. Ran several root access programs (ad free, root explorer, cachemate) to verify I did indeed have root.

Installed cutom recovery.

Did happy dance. JK.

Thanks go to everyone who did the HEAVY lifting. I just came up with this rather round about method. But it worked for me and hopefully it will help others.

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Android system recovery (3e)

I am not getting a root.

I went back to V9 and V9 recovery image.
Did the LG update tool to VC.

Then tried to root using this.

Any tips?

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Booted into recovery.
Apply update.zip
Yellow broken code text appears.
Copy required files.
Run root exploit.