How to enable native tethering on gingerbread rom

smoke420

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
ok in the wireless tether for root app click about and then project home download and install the experimental v3.0 once it installs open it and go to settings click change device profile select optimus s then click change setup method and click Netd (master)then change perfered and alternate DNS to 0.0.0.0 click start tethering when it starts you should notice your status bar say hotspot or tethering active. once this happens go to menu, wireless & network settings. click tethering and portable hotspot make sure to assign a ssid and then click the checkmark to enable it. once u do this then go back to the wireless tether app and stop tetheing go back to the native menu and click the check it should say error and your phone may reboot once it does you can now go directly to the native settings and enable native infastructure mode hotspot without the app. leave the app installed as you need its binarys and configuration.

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Why would you use a 3rd party app when the 3/27 nightly enable native tethring.

Just change your task bar widgeit to the hopspot one and click it...done

Via TT

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Why would you use a 3rd party app when the 3/27 nightly enable native tethring.

Just change your task bar widgeit to the hopspot one and click it...done

Via TT

Do you mean the "Notification Power Widget"? If so, I can't find a hotspot setting there. Could you explain how to do this?

Thanks,
B

rinard

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean the "Notification Power Widget"? If so, I can't find a hotspot setting there. Could you explain how to do this?

Thanks,
B
Under settings -> CM settings -> interface -> notification power widget, there's some way to add toggles there, including wifi hotspot. I'm not on cm7 right now to confirm, but I've added that one before.

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Under settings -> CM settings -> interface -> notification power widget, there's some way to add toggles there, including wifi hotspot. I'm not on cm7 right now to confirm, but I've added that one before.

I see it now, I didn't notice it before. It's called "Toggle WiFi AP".