Y do i have to post to see attachments?

AcydMouth

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Y do i have to post to read the attachments? I already registered to the damn forum, but you guyz r a big help. I gotta try the old fashioned way to root my optimus s. nothing else works.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Y do i have to post to read the attachments? I already registered to the damn forum, but you guyz r a big help. I gotta try the old fashioned way to root my optimus s. nothing else works.

My guess is to prove that you (a) are not an evil robot or (b) to cut down on people who simply register to access downloads and then don't contribute back to the community.

AcydMouth

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Interesting

Good point, i assure u i am not a robot, nor am i a freeloader
This forum is a friggin life saver...props to mods n admin...keep up the good work :D

AcydMouth

May 16, 2011
Visit site
i need some serious guidance in rooting my optimus...i dont have ne1 i know that knows ne thing about this stuff...i have tried everything...im on palringo if ne1 can hit me up lemme know...ty

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
by George I think I got it...
wuts the next step...
install kernel & backup?

This will get you much further than anyone trying to explain it.

The proverb "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." comes to mind. :) GL and happy android-ing!

AcydMouth

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't find ne detailed info on flashing the images...download to root sdcard..check...recoverying the files and successfully flash them to device uncheck...I need info for installing Xionia CWMA...

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I can't find ne detailed info on flashing the images...download to root sdcard..check...recoverying the files and successfully flash them to device uncheck...I need info for installing Xionia CWMA...

Did you bother reading even the first post of the Xionia Clockwork Recovery thread? The instructions are right there.

AcydMouth

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I read em...I'm juss gonna get ROMtools...baddabing...I don't wanna irritate ne body... ;-)....had a lot of help getn me this far though..ty

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I read em...I'm juss gonna get ROMtools...baddabing...I don't wanna irritate ne body... ;-)....had a lot of help getn me this far though..ty

Asking for help doesn't (or shouldn't) irritate anybody. You just need to explain exactly what it is you don't understand. We are all willing to help here!

AcydMouth

May 16, 2011
Visit site
ty bro...I like working with command prompt...I successfully rooted with GingerBreak...I download the zip files for Xionia...unzipped them both n placed them on the root of my sdcard...now I follow the instructions zephie had posted...he doesn't have the previous command lines posted so I'm assuming I launch the adb as explained in the root process...launched adb shell....w/ $ sign...typed the commands...but nada...btw, loved the way u explained the meaning of each step in the GingerBreak process...

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
ty bro...I like working with command prompt...I successfully rooted with GingerBreak...I download the zip files for Xionia...unzipped them both n placed them on the root of my sdcard...now I follow the instructions zephie had posted...he doesn't have the previous command lines posted so I'm assuming I launch the adb as explained in the root process...launched adb shell....w/ $ sign...typed the commands...but nada...btw, loved the way u explained the meaning of each step in the GingerBreak process...

After launching adb shell and before beginning the flashing process, you need to execute "su" to get a root (#) prompt then do the flashing steps.

Reactions: B-rye33