[BRICK WARNING] - ROM Manager on the Optimus S = BRICK !!!

Foxhound76

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I feel like a moron I have used rom manager in the past and just like other ppl I used it again on my optimus s now my phone will show lg logo sprints logo with sound android for sometime and then it loops android how do I get out of issue?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I feel like a moron I have used rom manager in the past and just like other ppl I used it again on my optimus s now my phone will show lg logo sprints logo with sound android for sometime and then it loops android how do I get out of issue?

Pull the battery and see if you can boot into recovery (volume down, home, power button) and release after you get past the LG splash.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Howard1685

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Having read through the entire thread I realize there are many options ROM manager not being one of them. I have not done anything to this phone it is the optimus s stock after the GB update but I just want to go back to Froyo, it did what I needed to to. I just need to know exactly what I need to download and the steps necessary to achieve this goal. The main reasons my phones response time is at about 75-80% what it was. And being able to talk on the phone with only a simple pair of headphones while driving was very useful. Having learned that Z4 Root does nothing for this phone and I have zero plans for ROM manager, my phone works right now, though recently easytether has stopped functioning like it did: just completely disconnects while using BitLord after about a minute. I just want my Froyo back or something that will work in its place. Please and Thank you.

Howard1685

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
OK well never mind the last post I went here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...0zvh-100-automated-no-revert-wipe-needed.html

did that, worked flawlessly, then went here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...om-your-mom-rom-v-1-0-updated-11-14-11-a.html

down loaded the MOM ROM followed all instructions:

Official v1.0 -- signed

Flashing Instructions:

Backup any or all apps with a program such as Titanuim Backup first

1. download rom below and place on your sd card
2. reboot to recovery and make a recovery backup
3. wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, format system (under mounts and storage)
4. flash Your Mom RoM
5. Reboot and setup/restore your apps and info.

Your Mom ROM v1.0

again worked flawlessly.

And having found that I can install different ROM's on a whim currently testing out the features of this one
and I am liking the WiFi tethering which is currently in use.

For anyone else that gets to this post it's top notch so far:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: jstntp

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I also installed ROM Manager, then flashed the CW recovery. Phone works fine, just won't go into recovery. Will fix it when I get home (currently typing this on my phone)

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Finally fixed my problem with the bricked recovery mode. Downloaded "Flash Image GUI" on the market (costs $0.99), and flashed the xionia recovery image with it, and now I have recovery mode back! BTW, you have to rename the file to recovery.img (after extracting it from the rar file) otherwise it complains.

StikX420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
If I am in correct understanding the Optimus S and the Optimus V are very similar. My friends V was currently rooted, and Rom manager installed. The phone worked fine til he rebooted it. Now It Acts like it wants to boot up but hangs up after the android splash screen. I can't access Recovery, because it hangs up there too. I connect it to my laptop and ADB does recognize it but says its offline... Any Ideas?:confused:

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
If I am in correct understanding the Optimus S and the Optimus V are very similar. My friends V was currently rooted, and Rom manager installed. The phone worked fine til he rebooted it. Now It Acts like it wants to boot up but hangs up after the android splash screen. I can't access Recovery, because it hangs up there too. I connect it to my laptop and ADB does recognize it but says its offline... Any Ideas?:confused:

Optimus V is Virgin Mobile, S is of course Sprint. They are not the same at all (different radios and possibly different hardware).

ddamienzz

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
well, rom manager is working just fine on my optimus s (free version). i used it to install cynogen mod 7.2 on it. its working just fine, data/wifi/ screen/ everything works.

ucallmebobby

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a ZVH version of Optimus S. I just rooted and I flashed using ROM Manager and now am running Your Mom's ROM. Seems to work great.

Though now I'm afraid to flash another ROM in case I just got lucky somehow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa