Baseband: LS670MV9_6040
Kernel: 2.632.9 : lge@android-build#2
Build: FRG83
SW Version: LS670zv9

let me know if need anything else

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
reason for this/these updates... (shld of came with these updates bc of the week late launch) lol.

verizon is releasing their take on the optimus s/t series..with LG Vortex

which has swype etc.

however i find the Optimus S a nicer looking phone than the Vortex. very similar, style has skinner and more close together 4 function buttons.

phxdroid

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
ddark1: The OTA updates are pushed from the carrier (sprint). Your number will come up at some point. It has nothing to do with rooting your phone....EXCEPT after you root, you will want to wait for a "rooted" update from the developer of the method you used.

I have experienced market "burps" on occasion on my evo and my daughters optimus.

Reactions: ddark1

psg190

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
From Sprint:

LS670ZV9 11/16/2010
  • Remote Wipe Command
  • Enhanced password policies: length, alphanumeric, expiration, history, max failed attempts, inactivity lock, password recovery to the device.
  • Set Out of Office messages from the device
  • Accept/decline/tentatively accept meeting requests from the device
  • Corporate directory contacts search while composing email
  • Delete Exchange Calendar meeting requests and notify participants from the device
  • Modifying an Exchange Calendar meeting request (change date/time, add/remove participats) and notify participants about the meeting modifications
  • Add Swype keyboard functionality as an option when entering text

Important Notes:

You can see all LG Optimus S Maintenance Releases, install instructions, and subscribe to receive updates here.
This update will be released in stages with 100% of all devices having received the update by 11/18.

Last edited:

ddark1

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
ok, thanks, I'm new to Android and rooting, I just used Z4Root, so is it okay to leave the phone rooted or hit unroot on Z4 program?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Just check above. I posted the official update details.

Yeah thats the "official" change log. Now back to translating .... They enforced device administrators on the phone. Prior to this the phone had eas policy bypass by default.

also for those who liked this feature there are apks floating around if.you look

EDIT - just noticed this in that change log sprint is pushing for the galaxy tab
- Microsoft Exchange IT Admin policy compliance

Lol looks like more than just our device slipped out with EAS bypass :)

Last edited:

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: psg190

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
got the v9 update. and rooted the long way using CMD works just fine. so from another user saying z4root works, so does the long handed way as well..

..agree.. am enjoying swype lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty