Need for Speed: Shift - Working on the LG Optimus S?

realmeister

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Before I flashed the Xenia Kernel, I had tried NFS Shift, but it wouldn't work and I got it refunded.

Today EA Games is selling all their Android Games for $0.99 and I was wondering if other users have been able to get NFS Shift to work on their OptS's?

realmeister

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks @bblount! :D

ColdRush, I know I can try pay-for programs for 15 minutes and as I had stated, I have already tried NFS Shift once, so a second time would mean no refund. I know it's only 99cents right now, but I'd still not rather waste money if it doesn't work on a rooted and oc'd OptS!

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have tried on Stock, nRom, and ThundeROM with each of the build props available. No luck, it was only $1.06 after tax. Does it play nice on Gingerbread, or does this game have a GPU pre-cursor?

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
interesting, i am running stock rom with jit enabeled and it runs fine for me. only played for a minute but will play more later tonight.

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Man that sucks. I applied a slight overclock to see if maybe it could get past the boot screen and still nothing. I install, it downloads 96 MB of data, then goes to the EA screen then back to my home screen.

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
96mb? on need for speed shift? i have an apk for thats like 38mb. install took a minute but ran without issue.

also since it is a large app, i moved it to my sdcard. still runs great from there.

Last edited:

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
They must have changed the delivery method. It's now a small apk that downloads 96 mb of data to the sdcard. I know this is probably against the forum rules but i definitely paid for this game and can not get a refund at this point, maybe someone could send me the version that works with our phone? I'll gladly provide proof of purchase if that is a concern

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Yea I just bought it and the sims 3 because they were so cheap.sims works but kinda depressing this doesnt. And to dl it took me a tad longer than 15 min no loss tho maybe someone will fix it

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
They must have changed the delivery method. It's now a small apk that downloads 96 mb of data to the sdcard. I know this is probably against the forum rules but i definitely paid for this game and can not get a refund at this point, maybe someone could send me the version that works with our phone? I'll gladly provide proof of purchase if that is a concern

Let's not solicit the distribution of warez on this site please. I understand you may have legitimately purchased the app which gives you the right to contact EA about the issue and hopefully they will provide you with a legal copy of a working version.

They also might not be aware the app isn't working on this device so by letting them know it may result in a better app for more people than just yourself.

Happy New Year!

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Let's not solicit the distribution of warez on this site please. I understand you may have legitimately purchased the app which gives you the right to contact EA about the issue and hopefully they will provide you with a legal copy of a working version.

They also might not be aware the app isn't working on this device so by letting them know it may result in a better app for more people than just yourself.

Happy New Year!

I understand I just hate the thought of downloading a random APK from megaupload or somewhere that says its NFS:S, happy new year to you too.

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
has anybody got this working or gotten a reply. I emailed EA but of course just an automated reply with no help. least it was only 99cents

selvian

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ive tried this on Thunderom, Nrom, went back to stock rom. It just doesnt work, EA wants me to make an account with them so that i can email their team? WTF bs is this ****.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ive tried this on Thunderom, Nrom, went back to stock rom. It just doesnt work, EA wants me to make an account with them so that i can email their team? WTF bs is this ****.

Assuming you purchased the app from the android market and didn't obtain it from other sources ... Why not use the "email developer" function within the market?

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Assuming you purchased the app from the android market and didn't obtain it from other sources ... Why not use the "email developer" function within the market?

I already emailed the developer through the app marketplace, and got the same BS canned response telling me to register online to receive support. :mad:

I remember one time I had to call EA because my wife lost her activation code for The Sims 3, and I didn't feel like giving them all my information just to receive support that should be mandatory. It took me 15 good minutes of digging through google pages and old message board posts to finally find an actual phone number I could call to get to EA's customer support line. It probably sounds petty, but this is enough to turn me away from EA products forever.