Cannot obtain GPS signal

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I am non-rooted, stock Optimus S.

I cannot not obtain a GPS signal when I try using any of the 3 stock navigation apps that came with the phone. I have even tried downloading 2 GPS apps to test the signal, and still nothing. (and yes I have GPS turned on)

Anyone have a solution?

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I am non-rooted, stock Optimus S.

I cannot not obtain a GPS signal when I try using any of the 3 stock navigation apps that came with the phone. I have even tried downloading 2 GPS apps to test the signal, and still nothing. (and yes I have GPS turned on)

Anyone have a solution?

Was it ever working? Have you tried completely powering down your phone and then powering it up?

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I just tried a complete shutdown and reboot, and still nothing. I guess I am heading to the Sprint store today.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Update: From another forum, "Under your settings and Location & Security what is your GPS Privacy Setting on?? If it is set for E911 only then GPS will not work with any GPS apps. You need to set it to "location on" for anything to work."

Just wanted to post in case anyone else runs into this problem.

johnr2529

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my wifes phone. We both have the optimus S and the settings are the same but her phone is not picking up the GPS signal.

view9234

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just started having problems with GPS too, when using Google Navigation. I was running a rooted stock v9 phone and never had an problems. Once I updated to rooted stock VD, however, my phone seems to lose GPS while navigating every few minutes. It's making Navigation practically worthless :mad:

Dark_Majesty_06

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
What fixed it for me was resettng the phone. I did the rtn reset I believe and it worked to.. just call sprint and ask them to reset your phone. Its worth a shot.. sometimes stuff just gets messed up.