3000 mAh battery

Micky5298

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this battery for a few weeks now, and just wanted to chime in.

I LOVE IT! I actually like the thicker feel and more weight.

I usually pull about 3 days use, but that is pretty heavy usage no doubt.

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been using this battery for a week now. I am pulling 1 to 1.5 days out of it, but I am also always on bluetooth for my bluetooth headphones and pocketcast and on wifi about 4 hours a day. That old battery would only a half day doing that.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
After reading all of your helpful replies and seeing pictures and whatnot, I ordered myself one of these. the coupon in the first post still works too. I was able to get the battery and the tracking number for less then the retail price!

ke4jgx

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I've got the battery and am testing it.. am using Green power app on a decrappified stock ROM with xionia.

Will report back (if my mind isnt fried) after testing it for a week or so. Glad I found this thread! thanx for the info. I like the weight and size.. I have HUGE hands so it feels a lot better in my paw now.

The back case is nice, camera hole doesn't interfere and it *does* seem to help the audio some kinda does channel the sound out a bit..

Thanks again.

Last edited:

OakIris

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Seems pretty cool that this change to the larger battery not only extends the time between charges but also appears to improve the camera and the sound. Other than the fact that there probably won't be any cases or skins (for those that want such things) that will fit this new configuration, there don't seem to be many downsides. :)

Holly

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Seems pretty cool that this change to the larger battery not only extends the time between charges but also appears to improve the camera and the sound. Other than the fact that there probably won't be any cases or skins (for those that want such things) that will fit this new configuration, there don't seem to be many downsides. :)

Holly

I'm sure we might be able to find someone who is willing to custom make the cases. lol

OakIris

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure we might be able to find someone who is willing to custom make the cases. lol

Any suggestions for who might be willing to do this? Are you volunteering? :D

A nice leather pouch might do the trick as opposed to an actual fitted case. I am using a Krusell leather pouch, large size, for my Rumor Touch and I am very pleased with it: 95216-C5, Krusell LUNA Pouch, Blue $16.00, Best Cell Phone Accessories I just carry it in my pocket. I have never dropped the phone so don't know what sort of protection it would provide but the pouch is very well made and I have no scratches on the phone and it keeps the dust and lint off of the phone, too. If we can get the exact dimensions of the LG Optimus with the larger battery something like that pouch might work.

Of course, I don't even have the stock phone yet so this is all speculation on my part. :p

Holly

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Any suggestions for who might be willing to do this? Are you volunteering? :D

A nice leather pouch might do the trick as opposed to an actual fitted case. I am using a Krusell leather pouch, large size, for my Rumor Touch and I am very pleased with it: 95216-C5, Krusell LUNA Pouch, Blue $16.00, Best Cell Phone Accessories I just carry it in my pocket. I have never dropped the phone so don't know what sort of protection it would provide but the pouch is very well made and I have no scratches on the phone and it keeps the dust and lint off of the phone, too. If we can get the exact dimensions of the LG Optimus with the larger battery something like that pouch might work.

Of course, I don't even have the stock phone yet so this is all speculation on my part. :p

Holly

haha sadly no, I'm a little poor right now so I have no money to even create a prototype, except out of cardboard and packaging tape (which there's nothing wrong with). I do however know that on etsy.com, they used to have a section called alchemy, where you could request a custom made item (I had someone make me MINI Cooper slippers). Sadly it doesn't exist anymore as Etsy is working and "making it better," but there's a team on there that does custom orders. CUSTOM ORDER CORNER-The New Alchemy - Etsy Teams

If I had money to invest in some materials to create a prototype, then I'd totally try to create one.

OakIris

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
haha sadly no, I'm a little poor right now so I have no money to even create a prototype, except out of cardboard and packaging tape (which there's nothing wrong with). I do however know that on etsy.com, they used to have a section called alchemy, where you could request a custom made item (I had someone make me MINI Cooper slippers). Sadly it doesn't exist anymore as Etsy is working and "making it better," but there's a team on there that does custom orders. CUSTOM ORDER CORNER-The New Alchemy - Etsy Teams

If I had money to invest in some materials to create a prototype, then I'd totally try to create one.
Yeah, money is definitely very tight right now. I am unemployed so I know what you are going through. I can't afford to buy my Optimus V so am just doing lots of research so that by the time I can afford it I will know exactly what I need in terms of accessories, apps, widgets, ROMs, etc.

I would love to get one of these cell phone sleeves, actually: Leather covers for cell phones I have one of their covers for my Kindle eBook reader and it is wonderful. They are pricey but the workmanship is excellent and they are beautiful. Not sure if it would fit the Optimus with an extended battery, but it would definitely fit a "regular" Optimus.

Back on topic - any new info/insight about these extended batteries from those of you who have had them for a while?

Holly

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I would be willing to invest in the R&D for a hard type case that would make the keyboard & phone into a side flip type. Not really needing the protection but more for the case to hold to two together and allow for a hinge so it can close with the keyboard buttons against the screen. Another leather type case to slide it into would be nice.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine, got the email 2 days ago (Sept 14) that mine was shipped, also got the tracking number on it, but according to them it should arrive anytime between Sept 28th and Oct12th. Hopefully it arrives before October 4th, I'm going on a long trip that day and it could definitely come in handy

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I would be willing to invest in the R&D for a hard type case that would make the keyboard & phone into a side flip type. Not really needing the protection but more for the case to hold to two together and allow for a hinge so it can close with the keyboard buttons against the screen. Another leather type case to slide it into would be nice.

So something to turn it into basically like a mini laptop? I don't see that being all that hard to do, I just have no experience working with plastics, and have no machinery to create such prototype. I could easily create a soft case however.

ke4jgx

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

I found 2 generic nylon belt clip type with velcro closure type cases at a Kwik- stop that fit the phone both with the standard battery and the extended battery due to elasic sides. they were 11 bux each. One went on my tool belt for work the other is my off work case.. cant beat it.

In 10 hrs i have used 15% battery and have made multiple phone calls, prolly 60+ texts and some light webs surfing. I'm using green power and flashed the latest PRL's for sprint. looks like this battery rawks.. just flat rawks.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdcnosse

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
So.. how come I got a 3600mAh one and I have never hit 3 days even on light use. On light use I was only able to get 30 hours at most. What's going on? :-\

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
So.. how come I got a 3600mAh one and I have never hit 3 days even on light use. On light use I was only able to get 30 hours at most. What's going on? :-\

It's possible that they lied about the size and that it's misprinted on the battery, or more likely maybe it's a cheap battery that doesn't hold a charge very well.

I was reading somewhere about a 3500mAh battery for the EVO 4G and that the people writing the comments found that their battery life got better after a couple rundowns of the battery (like charging it to 100%, letting it get to 10-15% before charging again). Kinda like getting the battery up and outta bed and ready for the long haul.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com

Yea mine isn't lasting very long either but I think it's because I'm overclocking with custom ROMs. Still better than stock battery though and I'm already used to its bigger size.

ke4jgx

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Just checked mine again on this charge 10 hrs 10 min and am at 85% I'm overclocked to 768 max and 600 min. normal usage will see what i get out of it total and report back. Thats with wifi on and 3g off using green power.

i agree that the 3600 maH battery is probably mislabeled or just cheap batteries that won't hold a charge. a 3600 maH sould be more than twice as thick as a standard battery and I would think even thicker than a 3000 maH battery. Depending on the battery density it *could* be the same thickness as a 3000 . i doubt it tho. I'm no expert on batteries, just going on my own observations.

I've some rechargeable batteries for my LED flashlight and the higher capacity AA's are a tight fit in the light and it seems to hold true in most cases i have seen.. Just for curiosites sake what's the thickness on that 3600? I have 9mm thickness on this 3000 maH

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress