Wifi problems on LG V10?

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
well I am not 100% sure it fixed my problem , but I factory reset my phone for a completely different reason, and as far as I can tell issue has not happened on wifi that I noticed, but will have to see over time

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm the original poster on this thread, and I discovered that it was due in some part to IPv6 being enabled on my router. I disabled IPv6 and it works flawlessly on WiFi. Also, my ISP is Comcast; some time back they had some IPv6 issues; not sure it's related.

Hmmm ... I'm on Comcast/XFinity also. They rebooted my router a week or so back and I've had slow since too. Mostly on an old Samsung Tablet that I push NetFlix through, but sometimes when clicking links through a first page it happens on my phone(s) too. Once the page is loaded it's fine and responsive without delays or lag, but the initial page load isn't what it used to be.

I'll do this when I get home and report back.

Thanks KenPKK

botie1

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
So I am still having DNS issues, and has nothing to do with being on 2.4 ghz or 5ghz

I am using a ASUS RT-AC68P, which is top of the line and have no issues with the 10 other devices in my house. I also tried switching to my old Verizon fios router same thing

There has to be something up with this wifi and DNS, I am not going to bother exchange, since everything else is working fine and hoping they come out with an update
Go to the Play Store and get the free app called DNSet worked for me.

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm the original poster on this thread, and I discovered that it was due in some part to IPv6 being enabled on my router. I disabled IPv6 and it works flawlessly on WiFi. Also, my ISP is Comcast; some time back they had some IPv6 issues; not sure it's related.

I'm reporting back ... disabling IPv6 was the solution to all my WiFi problems at home on EVERY device in the house!

There's nothing wrong with this phone, or any of the others for that matter ... disable IPv6 on your modems and on your computers and watch how fast your phones, tablets and the like, go right back to the speeds you used to have.

Hope this helps!

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I was having issues with wi-if too, so much so that I wouldn't get emails. Web pages would not load at times, and images wouldn't come through. I just disabled IPv6 and I test sent an email to myself from another device. Came through instantly.

However, this is an issue with the phone and how it connects. I can't have everyone and every place I go that I use wi-if disable IPv6.

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I was having issues with wi-if too, so much so that I wouldn't get emails. Web pages would not load at times, and images wouldn't come through. I just disabled IPv6 and I test sent an email to myself from another device. Came through instantly.

However, this is an issue with the phone and how it connects. I can't have everyone and every place I go that I use wi-if disable IPv6.

Yeah ... that's the part that's going to suck. But from what I understand Comcast/XFinity and Cablevision don't activate the IPv6 on commercial modems - so unless we're in someone's house that hasn't disabled IPv6, I doubt this will be an issue for us as I didn't have problems at Starbucks, the office, Dr.'s Office, and Barnes & Noble.

.... and at a friends house, we can look like Stars when we disable their IPv6 and all their devices speed up ;- )

AD_So

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my LG V10. The internet signal from my router is just Good compared to all the other devices in my house including 4 different smartphones who have the signal Very Strong from it. The download speed data is half and the upload data nonexistent. My carrier signal is weak in the house hence I'm relying on Wi-Fi to upload pictures attached to a text and so on. It takes forever to upload a picture. I have Charter and pay big money for top speed. My previous phone was a Note 3 smoking. Me think it's a little unprofessional from LG to release a phone a with such problems. Internet connectivity and speed is what most buyers look at. Why should I have to wait for a firmware update that might reach me 9 months from now.... from my carrier? Why am I dealing with these problems after I paid full price for the phone? This is highly frustrating. What if is not a firmware problem and is a hardware one, like the Wi-Fi antenna inside the phone or who knows. I was super happy with my Note 3 until LG V10 got in the way, and the blame is on me because I bought it. I would like some answers from LG.

AD_So

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I disabled IPv6 on my router, reseted phone and router, removed battery, SIM card, removed all the applications....you name it. No luck, same non-existent upload speed and half of download speed versus what I pay for. Yeah, I like the camera on it. Awesome.

Jaxinc

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I blame the design of this phone. It appears to have single band antennas and the backplate functions as an antenna as well.

Despite having multiple antennas they aren't up to snuff and walking 20 feet from my router causes a 40db change in signal. Absolutely ridiculous.

mlouiseg

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been thinking of going back to factory settings since the whole wifi problem wasn't really a problem until the marshmallow update. BUT - if you go back to factory settings, how do you get the Marshmallow update back (if you want it - which I'm not so sure of).

Would really appreciate it if you could tell me how I would get Marshmallow back.

Thanks.

mlouiseg

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I agree. But my experience with Android phones, covering at least 5 years, is that they're often buggy in some major way and the owner has to "live with it". If this $600 purchase were for something else, there would either be a class action suit or replacements made available. I love and respect the freedom with Android but I'm getting tired. I want to do other things with my life.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking of going back to factory settings since the whole wifi problem wasn't really a problem until the marshmallow update. BUT - if you go back to factory settings, how do you get the Marshmallow update back (if you want it - which I'm not so sure of).

Would really appreciate it if you could tell me how I would get Marshmallow back.

Thanks.

Yes i had wifi problems prior to MM

Posted via the Android Central App

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I've had no problems.. Mine works up to half block from my house sometimes. Then again I have a very nice powerful router

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol