V10 Burn in?

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
So, my V10 has been showing signs of burn in. I'd be messaging a friend on an app (Kik) for a good 30-45 minutes, and after that convo, I noticed a ghost image of my keyboard on the screen. The darker the color on the screen, the more noticeable the keyboard was. I could also see the name of the person I was talking to on the top of the screen. I tried restarting the phone, and the image showed up on the red Verizon start up screen while it was powering on. I did manage to get rid of it with an app that flashes different colors on the screen, but it still pops up from time to time and can be very annoying.

Sent from my LG V10

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I've never heard of that before. Does it matter if you run the screen at full brightness? Maybe a darker keyboard color?

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
LCD isn't nearly as bad as OLED in terms of burn-in, but it can happen. It's usually temporary though. If it keeps happening try giving your screen a rest. If you're in a convo occasionally switch to other apps, turning down the brightness or turning off the screen from time to time. 30 minutes doesn't seem like a lot of time though, so maybe there is a hardware issue with your phone that's making it more susceptible

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I just shouldn't have to switch apps or change screens ya know? And sending it to LG is a no. I'm not gonna go without a phone for a month. I work at a local computer place and we also repair phones. So when they become available from the seller we use, I'll just get a new digitizer and screen.

Sent from my LG G4

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
So, I ordered a new LCD and digitizer and replaced them on my V10. Burn in is gone completely. Must have been a faulty LCD before.

Sent from my LG V10

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Cool deal... Curious where do you buy replacement parts? One of the reasons I got an LG phone was because it can be taken apart and repaired. Nothing is glued, adhered or bonded together.

Tarek Itani1

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
it is not a problem from the phone itself ... it is a problem with interface And software .. white colors are lightining more than usaul and that what causes burn in thing .. the lcd screen not the problem use app as night filters or screen dimmer .... night filter and u well see that there is(( no burn in))) thing