LG V10 Wifi hotspot keeps on turning off even when connected?

rivers2

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Come to think about it, my V10 was always very good about keeping connected to hotspot. But about 2 weeks before it died (with bootloop) it started closing hotspot arbitrarily - even with multiple connected devices.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Come to think about it, my V10 was always very good about keeping connected to hotspot. But about 2 weeks before it died (with bootloop) it started closing hotspot arbitrarily - even with multiple connected devices.

Did you get a new v10 and did you still have the problem

Jordy Jones

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Here is a problem that is bothering me a lot, My LG V10 keeps on automatically turns off the wiifi hotspot after a while. Even when there is like lots of devices connected to it, it stills turns off. It doesn't make a difference even when I set the automatic timeout to never. Why is this happening? How do I fix it?

Methods tried:
Reinstall android
Change hotspot password
change timeout time
Broadcast ssid or not
different password security (WEP/WPA2).....

I've got the LG Phoenix 2. Lower-end but same OS essentially. I've been having the same problem. I'm using a method right now that is working so far, you might try it.

I read through all of these posts and then thought of the idea that maybe it had something to do with the fact that my phone kept fussing at me because I was going over the data cap. I have a 64 gig data plan with AT&T and I just picked up this low end phone. The default setting for your data manager is 2 gigs. Every phone that I have had has fussed at me to the point that I would have to raise the cap in the data manager to get it to stop.

I don't need a data manager that's why I have a 64 gig plan. So I would just go ahead and raise it higher than whatever your plan is. You can access the data manager in the network settings. Just raise the line to whatever level you want.

I did a couple other things too that are probably unnecessary. I made sure that my phone is plugged in so that the hotspot doesn't run the battery down. But since it's an LG phone, the screen is likely to get hot so you'll want to turn down the brightness. Lastly, turn off screen timeout.

Still working...

fashion_m

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I also have this problem with LG Zero H650E. Android 6.0. I raised the data measurement warning line, but still the hotspot is being randomly closed. Has anyone found a solution?

Eric M sf

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I also have this problem with LG Zero H650E. Android 6.0. I raised the data measurement warning line, but still the hotspot is being randomly closed. Has anyone found a solution?

Turning off Bluetooth seemed to resolve this issue for me on my Nexus X. Perhaps some Bluetooth network sharing interacting with wifi sharing?

AaronWheeler

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Nexus 6 on tmobile. It appears that the problem is the hotspot turning off when the screen turns off. I was unable to do anything in the battery options on the Nexus, but under the screen settings I switched to a shutoff of after 30 minutes of inactivity.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87