LG V10 stuck on "Life's Good" screen but won't turn on

JayV10

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
The worst thing finally happened to me. "Boot Loop" of death. I didn't know this is a known issue until this happened to me and made researched about this.
I love this phone but now making me hate this! Bought this device last November 2015 and I don't have extended warranty and its over a year now. Would LG repair my phone for free if I send this to them?

mandycation

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Mine did the very same thing!! I have lost alot of work and pictures because of it. AT&T insurance wants to replace it with a phone that doesn't have the memory or the photo capabilities! I am furious!

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I have no idea, but just a suspicion from when my son's G4 was recently sent in for repairs. It was 14 months old and TMo wouldn't do anything. Sent it into LG with online claim. In addition to the bootloader, it had a cracked lens on the camera. When they received it, the status was updated to being repaired. By the end of the day it had been shipped back. Stated Repair was flash memory. Zero cost!!! When we received it back, the cracked lens had been repaired too. My question has always been, do they fix them that quickly, OR, it sure would be quicker to print a new sticker with the old number, put it in the battery compartment of a totally different phone, and be done? You would never know the difference. The phone had been in a case with a screen protector since day one. But that returned phone looked brand new!

shagx

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi, all! Usually joining a club is a good thing. Not in this case however!!! After a year and a bit, my freaking V10 got stuck in the boot scream like I read so many times online. The damn thing kept reseting, trying to turn on but wasn't able to and kept looping the same process. Can't fault its efford.......?!!!

Anyway, I left the phone cool down and occasionally, I was able to power up but as soon as it did, it hung and reset, then you guess it! Boot loop again. I was able to enter factory reset mode, but I didn't want to wipe my data and there's no guarantee that'd work.

Anyway, I search the net, and found an article saying LG admited, the boot loop was caused by poor connection between components. So basically intermittent!!! Also found someone claiming to have fixed it by using a heat gun to heat up the IC.

So, I took the phone apart, as my phone ran out of warrenty, just a freaking month ago! Took out the motherboard and stuck it into the oven, baked it for about 5 minutes, using 180-200 degree. Reassemble! Voila! My phone came back to life. I was able to power up and use it like normal. I immediately backed up my phone using LG backup, which I left it to work while I went to bed. The good thing is, the phone is still working normally today, although it did reset once this morning but it booted back up. So far so good! Fingers crossed! So if anyone having this same issue. Don't go throwing it away just yet.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, all! Usually joining a club is a good thing. Not in this case however!!! After a year and a bit, my freaking V10 got stuck in the boot scream like I read so many times online. The damn thing kept reseting, trying to turn on but wasn't able to and kept looping the same process. Can't fault its efford.......?!!!

Anyway, I left the phone cool down and occasionally, I was able to power up but as soon as it did, it hung and reset, then you guess it! Boot loop again. I was able to enter factory reset mode, but I didn't want to wipe my data and there's no guarantee that'd work.

Anyway, I search the net, and found an article saying LG admited, the boot loop was caused by poor connection between components. So basically intermittent!!! Also found someone claiming to have fixed it by using a heat gun to heat up the IC.

So, I took the phone apart, as my phone ran out of warrenty, just a freaking month ago! Took out the motherboard and stuck it into the oven, baked it for about 5 minutes, using 180-200 degree. Reassemble! Voila! My phone came back to life. I was able to power up and use it like normal. I immediately backed up my phone using LG backup, which I left it to work while I went to bed. The good thing is, the phone is still working normally today, although it did reset once this morning but it booted back up. So far so good! Fingers crossed! So if anyone having this same issue. Don't go throwing it away just yet.

I'm not sure if you're trolling, but this is horrible advice. If your phone is a month out of warranty (or even more) there is an excellent chance that LG would repair it for free, like many have mentioned here. It is a widely known issue. If you need data from the main memory, the freezer method is non-destructive and sometimes works. What you are suggesting (seen it on XDA) is often destructive and I doubt LG would repair a half baked phone. The baking method is only good for the fun of it or if the phone is clearly beyond factory repair as an option for some reason.

shagx

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
No, not trolling! Out here, getting them to fix an out of warrenty product? Not a chance. No this is not destructive. The IR soldering station uses around 280 degree so using 180-200 is very save.
Anyway, I've been using the phone for a couple of days and it has reseted a couple times. I've baked it a couple of times. Seems to work for a half of day or so. So haven't really solve the problem.
Hey, I'm only sharing my experience. You should be able to judge whether it's save for you or not.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
My question has always been, do they fix them that quickly, OR, it sure would be quicker to print a new sticker with the old number, put it in the battery compartment of a totally different phone, and be done? You would never know the difference. The phone had been in a case with a screen protector since day one. But that returned phone looked brand new!

I had a tempered glass screen protector on mine and it was returned with the tempered glass protector on it. They aren't sending out new phones.

ylatseng

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Put phone in freezer for 15 mins... Turn on and do a backup without taking it out

My V10 just started to have this issue today.

I did put it in the freezer for 15 minutes.

It was able to pass LG logo and got to AT & T logo.

Then it looped back to LG logo, then went to black screen.

Anything other suggestions?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My V10 just started to have this issue today.

I did put it in the freezer for 15 minutes.

It was able to pass LG logo and got to AT & T logo.

Then it looped back to LG logo, then went to black screen.

Anything other suggestions?

Is your goal to fix it for good or to just get your data back from the main memory? Is it under warranty or did you every have it under warranty where you live?

ahungv10

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
My wife and I bought a pair of v10 in November 2015. Mine experience the bootloop issue in October 2016, luckily just shy of the 12 month warranty expiration. It got fixed under warranty. My wife's phone just got the bootloop curse over the weekend which has passed the warranty period. I'm going through phone equipment insurance claim via "Asurion". Asurion said v10 has discontinued so they will give my wife a v20 as replacement. Deductible is only $149.

If any of you folks have been paying insurance coverage, just place a claim instead of paying the $72 out of warranty repair to LG to fix your v10.

Susan0260

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
My phone is doing something very similar as of today. I am PISSED. NEVER again LG.

So Im getting an oil change just browsing the internet when my phone freezes. Reboots and is now stuck on the life is good screen. You know its hilarious when your phone is fked up but the screen is telling me life is good non stop. Fk you!

Hello :-D

I had the same thing happen to my phone yesterday. I called tech support and we tried everything. Nothing worked! Fortunately my phone was under warrenty.
They order a new phone for me. :-D
The tech told me that the LG v10 had a small Bach with this model and have corrected the problem by using a different material for soldering.

I hope this helps !
Susan

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well, seems I just joined the "Life's Good" club today. I was grabbing a bite at my favorite local mom & pop Indian restaurant and my LG V10 just shut itself down. I haven't had too many crashes since I got the phone but it seems it's toast. Won't get past the Life's Good screen for love or money. I'll have to see what I can do tomorrow at T-Mobile...probably get a refurb from the insurance plan (I'm pretty sure I'm beyond the warranty).
Please get out while you can. The V10 is such a beautiful device outside of this reality that at any moment on any day it could be completely unusable. That uncertainty is just unacceptable.

Cdskidso1

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

I had the dreaded boot loop on my LG v10 in early January, about a month out of warranty. I heard that LG was sometimes replacing out of warranty units, except that I accidentally dropped the phone onto pavement back in October. The top glass had a large spider web on it, but the phone had been fully functional from October to January until the boot loop started . Because of the broken glass, LG told me to take a hike. Usually, the phone would run for about two minutes from a cold boot, and after that the loop started 10 to 20 seconds past the initial boot. Back in August, the phone often started running very hot and battery life became very bad. I heard that all of this heat helped to further degrade the soldering on the motherboard to the point where it eventually fails which is why the boot loop is happening.

I was forced to buy another phone, since I could not be without one even for a day or two. Even with this issue on my LG V10, I got the LG v20 which has been great.

I am stubborn so I kept the LG v10 because I still wanted to try to make it functional again. With nothing to lose, I decided to bake it. ONLY bake the motherboard and not the entire phone, especially do not bake the battery!!!

Make sure that your remove your SIM card and any micro SD card that is installed. Set them aside until you are ready to reassemble after baking.

Definitely, you have to get a set of jewelers screwdrivers, find the right size and unscrew about 14 screws to remove the back plate that is below the rubberized back cover. Under that is the motherboard which is not screwed down. On either side are three screws that hold in the aluminum side pieces. I only removed the 3 on the right side of the phone when you are looking at the back of the phone. near the bottom of the right side you will notice two silver metal contacts that make contact to a thin part of the motherboard. Once you remove the three screws to the side piece, you can slide it a little without removing it and carefully use the screwdriver to lift up two ribbon connectors just below the battery compartment on the right side. They will snap right off but make sure you don't tear them when you are removing and reinstalling the motherboard (or you are finished with this phone). Once the two connectors are released, carefully and gently use the screwdriver to pop the motherboard free.

Now you are ready to bake. Please don't make the one mistake that I made. You need to remove the main rear camera assembly and the two lense front camera assembly. Both of these also have a ribbon cable with a connector to the motherboard. carefully use the screwdriver to pop the connector off and set those aside since the plastic lenses will not survive the baking process. My camera's work, but because I baked them on the board, the plastic lenses have warped and the resulting photos or videos are a blurry mess. I just ordered replacement camera assemblies on ebay for about $10.00 each so my stupidity did not cost too much.

I followed these steps from another internet post.

Preheat your oven to 385 degrees farenheit.

Put Aluminum foil on a cookie sheet.

Take 3 smaller pieces of foil, fold them into a v shape so that the point supports the
motherboard at the point, about an inch above the larger piece of foil on the cookie sheet.
One support on the middle of the motherboard and the others on each end. Place the motherboard (without the camera assemblies attached) On the cookie sheet, with the foil sheet and on the foil supports with the EMI shielding facing up.

Once the oven is at 385 degrees, carefully place the cookie sheet with motherboard on the middle shelf and close the door. Bake for about 8 minutes.

When time is up, turn off your oven, open the door to allow the heat to escape. DO NOT TOUCH OR MOVE THE COOKIE TRAY OR ANYTHING ON IT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. This is important, because if the solder has been liquified, it needs to cool in place without being jostled to make sure that there are solid solder connnections at the end of this procedure.

After an hour, everything is cool to the touch and you can carefully reassemble your phone.

Snap both the front and back camera assemblies into their connectors.

Gently reinstall the motherboard, shifting the aluminum side piece and jiggling the motherboard so that the board slides under the two silver contact points making sure that you don't tear the other two connectors below the battery compartment. If the board is not going under the silver contacts, don't force it, just slide and gently pull the aluminum side to remove it, you can hold the board at a 45 degree angle to help it get past the right wall of the battery compartment.

Once the board is down you can slide the aluminum side back on and push toward the center of the phone to make sure it is securely re-seated with no spaces at the glass bezel.

Rescrew any of the three screws that you removed that hold in the aluminum side piece.

Make sure all cameras are properly attached and flush in their recesses, make sure the two tabs are making contact with the silver contacts and make sure that both connectors below the battery case are securely snapped in place.

put the cover back on and replace the 14 screws that hold it down.

Replace your SIM card and micro SD card, put the battery back in, replace the back cover and hold down the fingerprint/power button and hope for the startup.

Mine did and I was very happy. It has been on and I have been playing around with it for the last four hours with no boot loop so in my case, baking the mother board is a fix to this issue. Just make sure that you pop out the cameras before baking.

Because I have an LG V20 now that is using the phone SIM from the LG V10, I will use this repaired LG V10 as a very powerful wi-fi only secondary web browser, GPS, music player and game player. I did all of that and used it as a phone with the spider web glass, so now I am back in busines with this phone for limited service.

I hope this helps some folks to save some money, and gets your phone fully functional especially if your LG V10 is out of warranty or had screen damage like mine did.

Good Luck and Best Regards,

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I had the dreaded boot loop on my LG v10 in early January, about a month out of warranty. I heard that LG was sometimes replacing out of warranty units, except that I accidentally dropped the phone onto pavement back in October. The top glass had a large spider web on it, but the phone had been fully functional from October to January until the boot loop started . Because of the broken glass, LG told me to take a hike. Usually, the phone would run for about two minutes from a cold boot, and after that the loop started 10 to 20 seconds past the initial boot. Back in August, the phone often started running very hot and battery life became very bad. I heard that all of this heat helped to further degrade the soldering on the motherboard to the point where it eventually fails which is why the boot loop is happening.

I was forced to buy another phone, since I could not be without one even for a day or two. Even with this issue on my LG V10, I got the LG v20 which has been great.

I am stubborn so I kept the LG v10 because I still wanted to try to make it functional again. With nothing to lose, I decided to bake it. ONLY bake the motherboard and not the entire phone, especially do not bake the battery!!!

Make sure that your remove your SIM card and any micro SD card that is installed. Set them aside until you are ready to reassemble after baking.

Definitely, you have to get a set of jewelers screwdrivers, find the right size and unscrew about 14 screws to remove the back plate that is below the rubberized back cover. Under that is the motherboard which is not screwed down. On either side are three screws that hold in the aluminum side pieces. I only removed the 3 on the right side of the phone when you are looking at the back of the phone. near the bottom of the right side you will notice two silver metal contacts that make contact to a thin part of the motherboard. Once you remove the three screws to the side piece, you can slide it a little without removing it and carefully use the screwdriver to lift up two ribbon connectors just below the battery compartment on the right side. They will snap right off but make sure you don't tear them when you are removing and reinstalling the motherboard (or you are finished with this phone). Once the two connectors are released, carefully and gently use the screwdriver to pop the motherboard free.

Now you are ready to bake. Please don't make the one mistake that I made. You need to remove the main rear camera assembly and the two lense front camera assembly. Both of these also have a ribbon cable with a connector to the motherboard. carefully use the screwdriver to pop the connector off and set those aside since the plastic lenses will not survive the baking process. My camera's work, but because I baked them on the board, the plastic lenses have warped and the resulting photos or videos are a blurry mess. I just ordered replacement camera assemblies on ebay for about $10.00 each so my stupidity did not cost too much.

I followed these steps from another internet post.

Preheat your oven to 385 degrees farenheit.

Put Aluminum foil on a cookie sheet.

Take 3 smaller pieces of foil, fold them into a v shape so that the point supports the
motherboard at the point, about an inch above the larger piece of foil on the cookie sheet.
One support on the middle of the motherboard and the others on each end. Place the motherboard (without the camera assemblies attached) On the cookie sheet, with the foil sheet and on the foil supports with the EMI shielding facing up.

Once the oven is at 385 degrees, carefully place the cookie sheet with motherboard on the middle shelf and close the door. Bake for about 8 minutes.

When time is up, turn off your oven, open the door to allow the heat to escape. DO NOT TOUCH OR MOVE THE COOKIE TRAY OR ANYTHING ON IT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. This is important, because if the solder has been liquified, it needs to cool in place without being jostled to make sure that there are solid solder connnections at the end of this procedure.

After an hour, everything is cool to the touch and you can carefully reassemble your phone.

Snap both the front and back camera assemblies into their connectors.

Gently reinstall the motherboard, shifting the aluminum side piece and jiggling the motherboard so that the board slides under the two silver contact points making sure that you don't tear the other two connectors below the battery compartment. If the board is not going under the silver contacts, don't force it, just slide and gently pull the aluminum side to remove it, you can hold the board at a 45 degree angle to help it get past the right wall of the battery compartment.

Once the board is down you can slide the aluminum side back on and push toward the center of the phone to make sure it is securely re-seated with no spaces at the glass bezel.

Rescrew any of the three screws that you removed that hold in the aluminum side piece.

Make sure all cameras are properly attached and flush in their recesses, make sure the two tabs are making contact with the silver contacts and make sure that both connectors below the battery case are securely snapped in place.

put the cover back on and replace the 14 screws that hold it down.

Replace your SIM card and micro SD card, put the battery back in, replace the back cover and hold down the fingerprint/power button and hope for the startup.

Mine did and I was very happy. It has been on and I have been playing around with it for the last four hours with no boot loop so in my case, baking the mother board is a fix to this issue. Just make sure that you pop out the cameras before baking.

Because I have an LG V20 now that is using the phone SIM from the LG V10, I will use this repaired LG V10 as a very powerful wi-fi only secondary web browser, GPS, music player and game player. I did all of that and used it as a phone with the spider web glass, so now I am back in busines with this phone for limited service.

I hope this helps some folks to save some money, and gets your phone fully functional especially if your LG V10 is out of warranty or had screen damage like mine did.

Good Luck and Best Regards,

Let us know if it continues to work. This made good sense for your situation. Not much to loose and kind of a fun project!

Spraguex

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Looks like LG has extended the warranty for the LG v10 to 24 months. Free repair and shipping is covered by them as well.

here is the email I received back:

In response to this concern, we have been made aware that some customers have experienced a booting issue with the LG V10 smart phone and we are providing repair service for those devices.

Your phone has 24 months warranty from the manufacturing date. You can provide us the IMEI or MEID of the phone so we will know the manufacture date of the phone. Just a reminder, we don&#39t cover physical, cosmetic and liquid damage.

You are more than welcome to send in the device to our facility so that our licensed technicians may run a full diagnostic test on the device and perform necessary repairs to address the issue.

We have setup an easy process for you to complete a request online at your earliest convenience. What I can do is send you an email with a link to complete your repair request on (www.lgmobilerepair.com). After completing the request, you will receive the shipping information and instantly be provided with your free of charge shipping labels so that you won’t have to pay for the shipping.

I have already sent the link so you can setup the repair request. Please check your inbox, spam or junk folder.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us via Email, Live Chat, or Phone by calling 1-800-793-8896. For any concern about phone, tablets and headsets repair request you can visit WWW.LGMOBILEREPAIR.COM

Good luck :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non