LG V10 stuck on "Life's Good" screen but won't turn on

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I just started having this issue and actually checked the lg site and there was a problem with the first batch v10's.But mine just started to **** itself so i need help.And maybe claim warranty with this import phone.

Can you provide a link to this information on the LG website??

As for your issue being that it is an import and not purchased via a carrier, you will have to go through LG support to get it fixed under warranty.

croaker68

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine had this issues this past friday. Got my warranty replacement from AT&T this week. Trying to decide it I want to trade it in on the V20 because of the $200 credit they are giving.

OnMy2ndGP

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Unbelievable! Well, my 1st LG was a G3. Great device until the screen started flickering then fading to black. So I upgraded to the V10. Even better device.....so I thought. After about 6 months one of the mics stopped working. Didn't notice until doing a Facebook live vid and everyone started commenting that the vid looks good but no d@mn sound. So, TMO replaced it with another V10 which I currently have. Until tomorrow. This replacement V10 now won't boot past "Life is Good." BS if you have an LG phone. TMO wants to give me a 3rd V10 and I've only had this 2nd V10 since July. Didn't even make it 4 months. No way will I accept a third V10. F*ck you LG! I'd almost take a Note 7....almost LOL! Guess I'll do a TMO Jump to a S7. I'll NEVER own another LG device again. UGH! I really liked my V10s. SMH

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
My phone froze earlier then shut itself down. If I remove the battery for a minute I can hold the power button down and get the initial vibrate, followed by the "Life's Good" screen, but then it goes black. A few seconds later the same screen may or may not come back on. If it does come back, the process just repeats... black screen-Lifes Good-black screen-Lifes Good-black screen.... In any case, it goes no further in the start up process. I tried to do a hard reset, but can't get past the Life's Good even holding the correct buttons.
This my friend is what we call the boot loop issue. There is no fix for it. Same thing happened to me about a month or so ago. Tried removing the battery. Tried button combinations. Took it to the T-Mobile store and the rep tried to factory reset. Nothing worked. Just get a replacement.

OnMy2ndGP

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Me too I too went to an S7 Edge after the boot loop... great phone but I had to go a whole day without a phone when mine looped that morning while I was at work. Not worth the headache.

For sure! After the second V10 crapped on me I couldn't risk my luck with another LG. I had to go about 36 hours with my backup Tracfone (it flips open SMH). I miss the larger screen size but I didn't want the Edge with it's edges LOL!

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
For sure! After the second V10 crapped on me I couldn't risk my luck with another LG. I had to go about 36 hours with my backup Tracfone (it flips open SMH). I miss the larger screen size but I didn't want the Edge with it's edges LOL!

What's sad is you aren't the first person I've spoken with that would be on a third V10 but both of his had the boot loop. (And he is actually on his 3rd V10 he loves the phone that much.) That's part of the reason I moved on it seems to be a common issue... Guess life's not that good for the V10.

I see a lot of folks who have issues with the edges on the S7 edge. At work and during the week mine is in a wallet case. Weekends and evenings a 360 case but I had the note edge before the V10 so I love edges LOL

Dirty Brown

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Seems like it just happened to me after hanging up from a phone call... I'm guessing its not possible to get into the boot menu and do a reset?

I WAS thinking about upgrading to a V20 as this is the first major problem I've had with this phone. But now I don't know what the hell to do. Note 7 is toast, literally. Does Pixel XL have removable battery?

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I WAS thinking about upgrading to a V20 as this is the first major problem I've had with this phone. But now I don't know what the hell to do. Note 7 is toast, literally. Does Pixel XL have removable battery?

It was my first and only problem with the phone as well but I don't have a home phone so my cell has to be VERY reliable.

No the Pixel does not have a removable battery...

Kenji O

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Hey all,

Had this happen to me for the first time last night. Any updates on what you heard back from your carriers and from LG regarding warranty?

@joriginales Having the same issue! Did LG respond regarding the manufacturer's warranty?

Last edited by a moderator:

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Got the Bootloop issue Thursday night 10/27 called asurion for replacement. Got charged 149.00 OUCH

I always use spare battery and external charger. The day I use USB to charge the phone is the the day the Bootloop happens

Last edited by a moderator:

Adrea Allgeyer

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone be able to recover media files with this problem ... my phone is fried.. and it's the same issue. I am not sure the last back was but I would like to know about getting all the info off before sending the phone back .

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Got the Bootloop issue Thursday night 10/27 called asurion for replacement. Got charged 149.00 OUCH
Why were you charged? Is your phone over a year old?
I always use spare battery and external charger. The day I use USB to charge the phone is the the day the Bootloop happens
Coincidence only.
Has anyone be able to recover media files with this problem ... my phone is fried.. and it's the same issue. I am not sure the last back was but I would like to know about getting all the info off before sending the phone back .
Do you not use Google photo backup?

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Why were you charged? Is your phone over a year old?

Coincidence only.

Do you not use Google photo backup?

There are other types of media files on phones besides just photos that need to be recovered so Google photo backup is a very limited option. Also unless you have done extensive testing on these phones yourself there is no way you can possibly know that charging with USB is only a coincidence for sure. Nobody really knows the exact cause of the bootloop issue except maybe LG.

Dporch17

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently waiting for my 3rd LG V10 to arrive in the mail today. I ended up having to buy a cheap $40 phone at AT&T because I was on call for work and needed to have something to be contacted if they needed me to come into work. I decided to call the LG manufacturer and they had no idea what I was talking about and said this is the first issue they have heard regarding this issue with the V10. AT&T won't let me get out of the 24 Next program (I still have at least 14 more months left) unless I pay the phone off! So ridiculous.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently waiting for my 3rd LG V10 to arrive in the mail today. I ended up having to buy a cheap $40 phone at AT&T because I was on call for work and needed to have something to be contacted if they needed me to come into work. I decided to call the LG manufacturer and they had no idea what I was talking about and said this is the first issue they have heard regarding this issue with the V10. AT&T won't let me get out of the 24 Next program (I still have at least 14 more months left) unless I pay the phone off! So ridiculous.
That's funny. The AT&T repair center saw my phone and was like "oh here's another one"

I'd raise hell and see if they'd make some deal with you to get a V20
There are other types of media files on phones besides just photos that need to be recovered so Google photo backup is a very limited option. Also unless you have done extensive testing on these phones yourself there is no way you can possibly know that charging with USB is only a coincidence for sure. Nobody really knows the exact cause of the bootloop issue except maybe LG.
Other media files such as? Any files on the phone can be saved to SD. Google Photos is just an easy automatic way to backup photos and video in decent quality.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
@joriginales Having the same issue! Did LG respond regarding the manufacturer's warranty?

Why wouldn't they respond? Unless the phone was exposed to water or dropped and it has a valid warranty, no problem having LG honor warranty.
By the way, if you took good care of your phone and need service - use LG because at least for T-Mobile the refurbs can be pretty skanky.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred