LG V20 Pricing

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The ear buds are via a rebate through LG directly, so don't expect a cheaper price for opting not to send that in.

The Note 7 lets you use a lower resolution to reduce processing power and increase battery life. That may be ok on an AMOLED display (I haven't seen it in practice), but doubtful on an LCD. Have you ever tried reducing the resolution on your LCD computer monitor? If so, you'll quickly see how bad it looks. That's just the nature of the technology. LCD's simply don't scale their resolution well. So while it would lower the processing demands, I think the image quality trade-off would be so great that no one would use it and would just be a pointless feature.
I never use that battery saver stuff on any phone. Why pay for super processor speeds just to slow them down?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The hardware scaling on the Note 7 can be used independently of any other battery saving options.
Slows it down. I did like the option to choose apps to slow down individually but I usually just freeze them until I need tk use them. The N7 battery saver options were pretty complicated and we didn't get all of them in vzw version.

I think we also need to stop comparing to a phone that doesn't exist. It's gone.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
$830 confirmed on AT&T
$900 confirmed Sprint version at Best Buy.
$800 unlocked confirmed at B&H Photo
$650 estimated on T-mo.
Up in the air for any place else and other versions.
BB is always at least $100 higher than the carrier, but will match if in stock.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile, as far as I know, has never stated a price. $650 was a best guess price before AT&T released their prices.

They are expecting it to be cheaper because it has the same specs as the $200 cheaper G5. Also, LG doesn't have the branding to price that high, especially when all their phones have typically sold less than $700 while still be comparable to $800+ phones. Then many people lost trust in LG and their build quality after the whole mess that was the G4.

So that's why we expected a cheaper price. I was shocked to see this going for more than $700.

If they priced lower, they would make people second guess their Samsung, Apple, and Google purchases knowing that they could get a phone just as good, but for cheaper. Have you noticed the Chinese finally starting to enter the western markets? These Chinese manufacturers are giving themselves a reputation, not as being budget brands, but as being quality phones sold for fractions of the prices we're used to. What makes the V20 worth $400 more than the OnePlus 3? Absolutely nothing other than LG saying it's worth that much and the ignorant masses believing that because they've been brainwashed into thinking that high price = high quality.

Could you tell me what hardware scaling is? I've never heard that mentioned before.

$830 AT&T, $800 unlocked.

$650 was wishful thinking before anyone had a price.

Don't know if you've ever been into a carrier store, but store reps are never ad knowledgeable as they'd like you to believe...

There's just no way in hell this phone is being sold for nearly $200 cheaper at T-Mobile. They price their phones cheaper usually, but not by that much.
The Note 7 can scale the display to 1080p (iPhone res) to 720p. Huge battery life savings in 1080p and still looks better than the Plus.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Slows it down. I did like the option to choose apps to slow down individually but I usually just freeze them until I need tk use them. The N7 battery saver options were pretty complicated and we didn't get all of them in vzw version.

I think we also need to stop comparing to a phone that doesn't exist. It's gone.
Scaling down to FHD doesn't slow it down. Limiting the other options does but not just isolating the scaling feature.

It's not gone. I'm typing on it right now.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Scaling down to FHD doesn't slow it down. Limiting the other options does but not just isolating the scaling feature.

It's not gone. I'm typing on it right now.
Quite the opposite. Faster and greater battery life. The key is to disable the other power saving options by customizing and saving the setting to just the display res at 1080p.

All moot now though. The V20 would get a huge battery boost with display res scaling.

Last edited:

Osahar 87

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Quite the opposite. Faster and greater battery life. The key is to disable the other power saving options by customizing and saving the setting to just the display res at 1080p.

All moot now though. The V20 would get a huge battery boost with display res scaling.
isn't there an app that can change your resolution?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Best Buy preorder Sprint Page ( no live preorder yet) shows $30 a month for 24 months...which is $720 and not $900
When I first posted the link, they only had the full retail price of $900 listed. I see they added the monthly payment price now. Odd that the two are different, but you can still see the full $900 price if you view all pricing options.

On a related note, looks like they will be offering a $200 gift card on preorders (presumably to use towards the phone purchase). I may go for that over Verizon's $300 credit that requires you to stay on DPP to get the full credit. I'm planning to buy outright, so that promo is a joke for me unless I can sweet talk them. Lol.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I thin k the $900 price is the typical Best Buy we don't want to sell you a phone outright unless it's for an outrageous price.

tribbleorlfl

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
The Best Buy preorder Sprint Page ( no live preorder yet) shows $30 a month for 24 months...which is $720 and not $900
Very interesting. Low-to-mid 700's is where I feel the v20 should be priced and different from the other #'s we've seen before. Is it common for AT&T to be over $100 higher than Sprint? What could this $720 price mean for Tmobile and Verizon?

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Seems kind of outrageous that AT&T would sell a phone a $100 more than its competitors. I also find it odd that Best Buy would list the sprint monthly price as $720, but then $900 if you want to make one payment. That doesn't make sense. Everyone would just buy the phone on payments and pay it off the next day if they wanted it paid off.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems kind of outrageous that AT&T would sell a phone a $100 more than its competitors. I also find it odd that Best Buy would list the sprint monthly price as $720, but then $900 if you want to make one payment. That doesn't make sense. Everyone would just buy the phone on payments and pay it off the next day if they wanted it paid off.
If Best Buy sells the phone on payments, they get you into a contract with Sprint, and that's how Best Buy makes money. If they sell the phone outright, they don't get the kickback from Sprint so they jack up the price so that they can make profit.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
If Best Buy sells the phone on payments, they get you into a contract with Sprint, and that's how Best Buy makes money. If they sell the phone outright, they don't get the kickback from Sprint so they jack up the price so that they can make profit.
I just feel like most people buying the Sprint phone are already Sprint customers. And it's not a contract, just phone financing. Maybe they do make more money that way, but I don't see it benefiting Sprint as much as it could benefit Best Buy.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
My reaction when I saw the price on AT&T's website ?!

I pre-ordered anyways
dbefa7b032f2e4691ac17fb42d89d6b5.gif

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo