04-18-2017 12:28 PM
51 123
tools
    So I use Nova launcher and everything works as expected except for the double tap to turn off. Since Nova is replacing the double tap feature of the default launcher, you have to turn on the double tap gesture in Nova and associate it with screen off.

When you use it the first time it asks if you want to lock the screen or dim. If you choose lock, then you can't use the fingerprint scanner when turning back on. Standard Android M and N stuff. So, of course I pick dim. Now on other phones (samsung), it will override your screen timeout setting and only dim the screen for 5 seconds before locking. On my V20, it waits the full 1 minute leaving the screen on and dimmed before locking. Anyone else seeing this or know of a fix? I've reported it in the Nova forum but no answer.
    11-02-2016 06:36 PM
    So I use Nova launcher and everything works as expected except for the double tap to turn off. Since Nova is replacing the double tap feature of the default launcher, you have to turn on the double tap gesture in Nova and associate it with screen off.

When you use it the first time it asks if you want to lock the screen or dim. If you choose lock, then you can't use the fingerprint scanner when turning back on. Standard Android M and N stuff. So, of course I pick dim. Now on other phones (samsung), it will override your screen timeout setting and only dim the screen for 5 seconds before locking. On my V20, it waits the full 1 minute leaving the screen on and dimmed before locking. Anyone else seeing this or know of a fix? I've reported it in the Nova forum but no answer.
    Are you on the latest Beta? That might fix some things (might not also), You do realize the as long as the notification bar is on you can double tap that anytime for screen off regardless of what you have Nova set for?
    sswitzer likes this.
    11-02-2016 06:48 PM
    I just set Nova double tap to lock screen and the fingerprint reader still works for me....and double tap still wakes it up as well.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-02-2016 07:06 PM
    I'm with you. I'm on the latest Beta and mine waits pretty close to a minute instead of the 5 seconds it should. I have not found a fix to this yet. I had this set up perfectly on my Note 7 but it's wonky so far with the v20.
    11-02-2016 07:12 PM
    I've had similar experience with both Nova and Action Launcher 3. Great launchers in their own way but I can't get double tap and fingerprints working together.
    11-02-2016 07:15 PM
    Yeah. Latest beta. Good tip about the notification bar. It's kind of a small area to hit but works well enough.
    11-02-2016 07:19 PM
    one thing I can't find in Nova is the stock LG clock - had to download the Google clock which I don't like - app doesn't show live time, its just static.
    11-02-2016 07:19 PM
    Nova Launcher and V20-capture-_2016-11-02-18-20-13.jpg

As far as I can't tell, fingerprint is disabled by Nova when double tap is enabled
    11-02-2016 07:23 PM
    one thing I can't find in Nova is the stock LG clock - had to download the Google clock which I don't like - app doesn't show live time, its just static.
    The clock does not go away by installing Nova import all the icons from the import settings and everything should be as you had it
    11-02-2016 07:29 PM
    The clock does not go away by installing Nova import all the icons from the import settings and everything should be as you had it
    well here's the issue --- I used a Nova backup from my S7 Edge....so obviously the stock V20 clock won't be there everything else is fine -- but any idea how to get it back? I mean it IS on the 2nd screen but I'd like it on the main display and it's not in the app drawer but IS in the application manager.
    11-03-2016 09:59 AM

Does the tap to wake the screen still work? Oops I see that was answered later.
    11-03-2016 12:28 PM
    I use Nova on my V20 and double tap to wake works fine. I never set anything up for the double tap through Nova and my fingerprint reader works fine.

Try to disable Administrative access for Nova and the Fingerprint scanner should work again.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-03-2016 12:36 PM
    I can't try this on the v20 (next month?) but on my g4 I use the "screen off and lock" app combined with a Nova double tap gesture.
    11-03-2016 12:49 PM
    well here's the issue --- I used a Nova backup from my S7 Edge....so obviously the stock V20 clock won't be there everything else is fine -- but any idea how to get it back? I mean it IS on the 2nd screen but I'd like it on the main display and it's not in the app drawer but IS in the application manager.
    You could import the LG home screen but then you would a lot of the Nova shortcuts.
    11-03-2016 01:34 PM
    11-03-2016 01:40 PM
    Nova and double tap work ok for me.
    todd.winkels and Delirious D like this.
    11-03-2016 02:25 PM
    Double tap works fine to wake the phone for me. I have a double-tap Nova gesture to take me to the app drawer. I'm able to double-tap on the status bar to put the phone back to sleep.

It all works well. The FPS doesn't seem to be affected that I've noticed.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-03-2016 02:33 PM
    I'm trying to figure out why it wouldn't be in the app drawer. Are you able to launch it from anywhere?
    11-03-2016 02:41 PM
    I'm trying to figure out why it wouldn't be in the app drawer. Are you able to launch it from anywhere?
    it IS on the 2nd screen and WILL launch from there --- weird it's not in the app drawer.....is it there for you?

(thanks for any help with this)
    11-03-2016 04:25 PM
    it IS on the 2nd screen and WILL launch from there --- weird it's not in the app drawer.....is it there for you?

Yes....I wonder if you use it enough times that it will show up in Nova app drawer favorites
    11-03-2016 07:35 PM

Download quick shortcut and you can make a short cut for it on your screen
    recDNA and mholdr like this.
    11-03-2016 11:25 PM
    Download quick shortcut and you can make a short cut for it on your screen
    awesome thanks..... that was weird.
    11-08-2016 11:46 AM
    Check under widgets

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture+_2016-11-02-18-20-13.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	244877

As far as I can't tell, fingerprint is disabled by Nova when double tap is enabled
    11-14-2016 05:05 AM
    Any one having issues aligning icons. I have the issue with the first row at the bottom when i try to edit the icon moves to the doc if i try to move it back ot bounces up a space. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=Ea6VGUeT
    Ryano89 likes this.
    11-14-2016 05:12 AM
    Nova prime here. Works well
    tadpoles likes this.
    11-14-2016 08:21 AM
51 123