Waking Up Screen?

donb2010

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I just got a V20 and have noticed a couple of things,

1.) I have to press the power button several times to wake up the screen usually with other phones I've owned pressing the power button once will immediately turn the screen back on, but not with the V20 I have.

2.) The "KnockOn" option will turn off the screen, but if I tap the screen to turn it back on it doesn't always work.

Are these two scenario normal?

inversvs

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
1) I have also had that issue. Sometimes, the phone will slow down to a crawl while doing that.

2) if you are not using the stock launcher, you can use knock on from the notification panel.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Are you actually pushing the power button? You don't have to push the button, just lay your finger on it and it will unlock.

Also, I am using the stock launcher and the knock on and knockoff works every time.

I just got a V20 and have noticed a couple of things,

1.) I have to press the power button several times to wake up the screen usually with other phones I've owned pressing the power button once will immediately turn the screen back on, but not with the V20 I have.

2.) The "KnockOn" option will turn off the screen, but if I tap the screen to turn it back on it doesn't always work.

Are these two scenario normal?

donb2010

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Are you actually pushing the power button? You don't have to push the button, just lay your finger on it and it will unlock.

Also, I am using the stock launcher and the knock on and knockoff works every time.

Yes, stock launcher and just laying my finger on the power button sometimes work. I have to move my finger around several times to get it to work though and that's when it does work, most of the time I'll have to actually press the power button.

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Yes, stock launcher and just laying my finger on the power button sometimes work. I have to move my finger around several times to get it to work though and that's when it does work, most of the time I'll have to actually press the power button.

I don't have the finger print sensor on my phone setup. I just push the power button and the screen will startup in about 10 seconds.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I myself use nova launcher and have no problem with "knock on" to wake my phone I just can't double tap to lock, we'll I can but it says "locked by device administrator" and forces me to use my pin instead of allowing fingerprint.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't have the finger print sensor on my phone setup. I just push the power button and the screen will startup in about 10 seconds.
If it takes your phone 10 seconds to wake after pushing the home button you phones experiencing some serious lag. It should wake immediately.

donb2010

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Still having these issues, but I do noticed that if the main screen is off and the second screen stays on (showing time & date) I don't have a problem waking up the main screen using the KnockOn option or simply using my fingerprint, but if for whatever reason the second screen completely turns off (not showing time & date) that's when I have trouble waking the main screen. I also, noticed that when I get an incoming call or text message the main screen doesn't wake up to let me see who's calling or texting me. Any ideas why?

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I've had a few issues also with waking up my v20 the double tap to wake sometimes will not work and I have to use the power button, and sometimes when the double tap does work it lags to wake up the screen, there has also been times when I try to wake the screen with my fingerprint and the phone does the vibrate but never wakes up, and I just have to press the power button it's annoying but I can deal with it