Screen retention arghhhh!!

Jan 7, 2018
Visit site
So got got it too. And it seems to get worse. All around the main screen and also the second screen.
3 month warranty left but it is in Hongkong and I live in Denmark - not sure how that is going to work out.
So... not sure what I'm going to do. I can live with it but it is annoying - and actually it also effects your screenshots of the mainscreen which I find a little odd... So you actually get your screenshots taken by the phone on your phone WITH the ghosting. Hopefully it will only be screenshots that is effected and not camera pictures!
If the letter is valid reply from LG - wow... Not seen as a problem... Seems like no one really cares about anything these days - paying a huge amount for a phone that ends up getting ghost or retention and saying it is no issue but normal... That's just sad.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
...and actually it also effects your screenshots of the mainscreen which I find a little odd... So you actually get your screenshots taken by the phone on your phone WITH the ghosting. Hopefully it will only be screenshots that is effected and not camera pictures!
It should not show up on screenshots or in camera shots (that is, in the file itself), as the retention happens at the screen. It is not something that is happening via the software.

Are you sure when you look at a screenshot, you're not seeing the retention from the screen itself? Have you zoomed in on it and moved the image around to see if the ghosted image zooms and moves around with the main image? Also, can you post one of those suspect screenshots here for us to double check?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So got got it too. And it seems to get worse. All around the main screen and also the second screen.
3 month warranty left but it is in Hongkong and I live in Denmark - not sure how that is going to work out.
So... not sure what I'm going to do. I can live with it but it is annoying - and actually it also effects your screenshots of the mainscreen which I find a little odd... So you actually get your screenshots taken by the phone on your phone WITH the ghosting. Hopefully it will only be screenshots that is effected and not camera pictures!
If the letter is valid reply from LG - wow... Not seen as a problem... Seems like no one really cares about anything these days - paying a huge amount for a phone that ends up getting ghost or retention and saying it is no issue but normal... That's just sad.

Try watching the YouTube video "stuck pixel fixer" and leave it on full screen with max brightness. LCD screens have screen retention.. especially certain panels. My laptop gets it all the time.. but easily fixable. Get rid of your purple and blue wallpaper background and lower the brightness.

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Is retention eliminated with a new screen? Do mall fixit places do V20 screen replacement?

No and no.

Don't waste your time with either.

It can be fixed if you are rooted and have a custom ROM/kernel with kcal support.

If you are not rooted you can try sfilter filter app from the play store pick the color black as the filter, then set filter opacity to 5%

I have two LGV20's. One is rooted and fixed screen retention with a custom kernel, the other is stock non rooted and use sfilter.

Both methods almost eliminate screen retention.

Kruggerkill

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
With sFilter it's elimineted use the settings as shown in the screenshots
SFilter here:
https://mega.nz/#!hMoVwahJ!lQ0ZghmVM4vwpRj-FXwgMM1l7jXY-GLb99Qjxxlg5K4
4ef51d52562b5d51aa2a7f86def4dcff.jpg
aae56f46334342d7908f7375280d2d72.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members