Seems like V30 is going to be the best phone

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
To speak honestly, I'm quiet disappointed with the Pixel XL's innovation of making the phone entirely cloud based
There's nothing cloud based except for the unlimited photos and Google Assistant. Everything else is exactly how all other phones work?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I want buy any more LG's. We don't get security updates in a timely manner. BlueBorne protection is in September update but we don't even have August security update and my V20 is less than a year old.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Cleaned up some posts. Let's post productively and not bash people for a differing opinion. :).

Thanks!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm really shocked that LG and Samsung fans are so bitter against each other. We're of a very similar taste. I could go back and forth between each company and never miss a beat.

It's called fanboyism. People are naturally very defensive. I enjoy both brands, I still think Samsung makes outstanding products (still love my Samsung laptop). I think LG is taking the spotlight this year because they're doing things right IMO, even tech vloggers agree (Android Authority, Android Central, MKBHD, Mr Mobile, etc.)

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I want buy any more LG's. We don't get security updates in a timely manner. BlueBorne protection is in September update but we don't even have August security update and my V20 is less than a year old.

My V20 never got hacked. Security updates would be nice, but more interested in software updates.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There's nothing cloud based except for the unlimited photos and Google Assistant. Everything else is exactly how all other phones work?

Phone based on cloud, no microSD support. Most is only 32GB and 64GB is the best you can get unless you are rich and can afford 128GB version which is also very rare. A microSD is much cheaper and you can bring it over when you upgrade phones, lasts forever with lifetime warranty. I have hundreds of MP3s, DJ mixes, and audio books. I like to own physical copies of my files, not access them via cloud.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Phone based on cloud, no microSD support. Most is only 32GB and 64GB is the best you can get unless you are rich and can afford 128GB version which is also very rare. A microSD is much cheaper and you can bring it over when you upgrade phones, lasts forever with lifetime warranty. I have hundreds of MP3s, DJ mixes, and audio books. I like to own physical copies of my files, not access them via cloud.

The choices are not only MicroSD or Cloud. It's MicroSD, Cloud, Internal Storage or any form of external storage you want via OTG - or any combination of the above that you want. Not sure if you know this, but the Pixel supports MicroSD storage, it just doesn't have a slot inside the phone for it. And since when is being able to pay $100 for technology you want "rich"? How are you justifying the V30 over a Moto G or OnePlus 5?

NougatDude

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
The choices are not only MicroSD or Cloud. It's MicroSD, Cloud, Internal Storage or any form of external storage you want via OTG - or any combination of the above that you want. Not sure if you know this, but the Pixel supports MicroSD storage, it just doesn't have a slot inside the phone for it. And since when is being able to pay $100 for technology you want "rich"? How are you justifying the V30 over a Moto G or OnePlus 5?

Because the v30 will be awesome in all respects

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My V20 never got hacked. Security updates would be nice, but more interested in software updates.
Nobody's does until it DOES. A US Senator warned me about so BlueBorne is a serious concern.

Either way it pisses me off LG is so slow with updates or VZW so slow to deliver them. Each blames the other.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Because the v30 will be awesome in all respects

If you value audio above all things, yes. It's got a great processor, great spec sheet in general, looks like very great build quality and all around it's a great phone. IMO the best LG's ever made. But it's still weak in some areas. Display, security, software, software updates, support, storage options (in the US) and possibly (hopefully not) a less than the best camera.

Other phones are strong in those areas and have compromises of their own. The new Pixel meets or beats everything on that list except for audio and has better (IMO) build materials, but it lacks wireless charging, only has one camera, no headphone jack, etc. The Note 8 meets or beats everything on that list except for audio, software and storage options, but it has those weird edge things going on, etc.

TLDR: Almost every phone has good things and bad things, have to get the package that suits you best. These flagships are all very similar to each other in a way that makes it very difficult to dismiss any of them or to say one is clearly better than the others. One can be the best choice for any person, but it's very easy for any other person to make a different choice.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
If you value audio above all things, yes. It's got a great processor, great spec sheet in general, looks like very great build quality and all around it's a great phone. IMO the best LG's ever made. But it's still weak in some areas. Display, security, software, software updates, support, storage options (in the US) and possibly (hopefully not) a less than the best camera.

Other phones are strong in those areas and have compromises of their own. The new Pixel meets or beats everything on that list except for audio and has better (IMO) build materials, but it lacks wireless charging, only has one camera, no headphone jack, etc. The Note 8 meets or beats everything on that list except for audio, software and storage options, but it has those weird edge things going on, etc.

TLDR: Almost every phone has good things and bad things, have to get the package that suits you best. These flagships are all very similar to each other in a way that makes it very difficult to dismiss any of them or to say one is clearly better than the others. One can be the best choice for any person, but it's very easy for any other person to make a different choice.

The v30+ will be available on sprint. So as far as storage options goes it's not weak in that area. No one is going to use up 128gb maybe 64

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You get both with Pixel.. so yep :x.

Don't think I'll ever get a Pixel. I'm a huge multimedia guy, have hundreds of hours of music and mixes. Need an SD card slot. 128GB version of a phone is too expensive. An external USB OTG would be silly. The Pixel is a solid phone however and I'm sure updates are nice.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The v30+ will be available on sprint. So as far as storage options goes it's not weak in that area. No one is going to use up 128gb maybe 64

With the new video recording capabilities, expect the storage to get filled up quickly. This phone is focused on video creation, hence the V in V30.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't think I'll ever get a Pixel. I'm a huge multimedia guy, have hundreds of hours of music and mixes. Need an SD card slot. 128GB version of a phone is too expensive. An external USB OTG would be silly. The Pixel is a solid phone however and I'm sure updates are nice.

That's fine -- I was just saying Pixel gets both security and software (the one you cared about) :).