LG V30 - some notifications are too long and get cut off

Andrew Garvin

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
It's really annoying when I get a notification and can't read the whole thing because it doesn't fit on a single line. On my G4 I could just swipe down on the notification to see an expanded view, but the V30 doesn't do that and instead just fills the screen with the rest of the "notification panel" (the part with flashlight, wifi, screen rotation, etc). Long pressing doesn't work either, as it just opens up a menu for changing the notification settings (block/silence/show normal). The only thing that helps is to open an app and turn the phone sideways before pulling down the notification panel. This only provides enough space for a couple more words though, so it really doesn't help much.

I want to know what a notification is about without having to open the app (and some apps don't even provide proper context once opened). It seems like such a basic feature that should be part of all Android phones by default. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Andrew Garvin

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, I guess I didn't mention I tried that in my original post. But that doesn't work - it just expands the whole notification panel.

Could this be app-related? I know for a fact it doesn't work for facebook.

Andrew Garvin

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
You're absolutely right! It must depend on the app. I just tried it with an email and it worked no problem. Too bad it doesn't work for every app... Guess it's time to bug the facebook devs about it :/

Thanks for the insight!

Edit: I'm new here and don't know how to reply to a specific person. I'm talking to spydersilk.

Last edited:

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Edit: I'm new here and don't know how to reply to a specific person. I'm talking to spydersilk.

Use the " button and it will quote the text then let you reply. This makes it easier to tell who/what you are responding to exactly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa