V30 or V30+

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Currently, I'm still jamming on G6 but I'm bored of it. Mate 10 never came to the States. Honor View 10 won't release until April or March. So I got my attention on V30 but got few questions.

How's battery life? Screen on time??
Is it bigger compared to G6?
AM I too late? Or they release GO soon.

Thanks.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Currently, I'm still jamming on G6 but I'm bored of it. Mate 10 never came to the States. Honor View 10 won't release until April or March. So I got my attention on V30 but got few questions.

How's battery life? Screen on time??
Is it bigger compared to G6?
AM I too late? Or they release GO soon.

Thanks.

I have the V30+
Nice to have 128GB internal storage, wireless charging & distortion free wide angle camera.
Battery life is pretty good.
The phone feels very good in the hands.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
V30s is coming out, LG is focusing on using the same design again to cut costs and only release phones as needed. It is rumored to have 256GB of storage and a new AI camera similar to Bixby.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend who uses the V30 - it has great battery life and actually has a smaller footprint than other phablets. I was going to pull the trigger on it, myself, but I decided on the Pixel 2.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
V30s is coming out, LG is focusing on using the same design again to cut costs and only release phones as needed. It is rumored to have 256GB of storage and a new AI camera similar to Bixby.
I pulled triggered on V30+. Tmobile ran promo on buy one get one free without adding line or change rate plan.

As for 30s I waited long enough and they always come out new phone 6 months to 1 year. Can't keep up lol

Thanks though.

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I never thought I'd leave Samsung but new 8 series annoyed me.

Got the v30+, not as good as Samsung in some respects but this thing defecates on Samsungs battery life. The quad DAC really is that good, and the screen is gorgeous, even though it isn't as saturated as Samsung.

I'm not a fan of the camera though, but I have seen wonderful looking pictures that some have taken with this phone. Texting is a nightmare, nightmare for me on this phone, I got the keyboard Grammarly which helps a bit but it's a letdown either way coming from having very few texting issues with Samsung devices.

The 128gb standard on v30+ though is wonderful.

The battery life is revolutionary, the screen is gorgeous, the quad DAC is so good that I no longer have to tether expensive headphone amps to my phone to get rich impactful dynamic sound. It's now just baked into the phone which is insane, every song now I cannot skip.

To me these good features are a trade off for some of the things mentioned here that are not as good as Samsung.

The v30+ IMO feels very premium in the hand.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
How's battery life? Yesterday when I charged it I was 2 days 17 hours on battery with 95% used and 3.5 hours screen time.
Screen on time? I've gotten over 6 hours in a day before.
Is it bigger compared to G6? slightly bigger, but it is a 6" screen vs. 5.7".

I had a Galaxy S7 Edge, and the V30 destroy's the S7 in all but the camera, low light was better on the S7. I do love the wide angle camera though, which is an option not available on the S7.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
How's battery life? Yesterday when I charged it I was 2 days 17 hours on battery with 95% used and 3.5 hours screen time.
Screen on time? I've gotten over 6 hours in a day before.
Is it bigger compared to G6? slightly bigger, but it is a 6" screen vs. 5.7".

I had a Galaxy S7 Edge, and the V30 destroy's the S7 in all but the camera, low light was better on the S7. I do love the wide angle camera though, which is an option not available on the S7.
I haven't pay attention to battery life, but my average is around 3-4 hrs. Standby battery life is amazing.

The screen is wider compared to LG G6. One thing I'm not use to is no glass screen protector. I can't stay curve, but can't compare to Samsung. Overall great phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress