Nova Launcher Question

Darksiders

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
So I downloaded nova launcher on my s3 and have an issue. Some of my apps full names which show up on my home screen on touch wiz don't do the same in Nova.

For example : in touch wiz, devil's attorney shows its full name on my home screen where's on the nova home screen it shows up as devil's attor...

Is there a way to resolve this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I downloaded nova launcher on my s3 and have an issue. Some of my apps full names which show up on my home screen on touch wiz don't do the same in Nova.

For example : in touch wiz, devil's attorney shows its full name on my home screen where's on the nova home screen it shows up as devil's attor...

Is there a way to resolve this?

Welcome to the forums.
I think the names are shortened due to the ability of Nova to modify the grid layout of the app drawer and homescreens.
I am guessing you are not running classic 4x4 in Nova as you would be in TW?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have another suggestion...if you know what the icon is, long press and go to edit and remove name completely from the screen. Will look much cleaner.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Darksiders

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
I think the names are shortened due to the ability of Nova to modify the grid layout of the app drawer and homescreens.
I am guessing you are not running classic 4x4 in Nova as you would be in TW?

Thanks for the welcome guys! Unfortunately I'm running the 4x4 grid but it's not making a difference :/

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome guys! Unfortunately I'm running the 4x4 grid but it's not making a difference :/

I was just taking a guess. It still probably is for the reason I said in my first post.
You can edit the name of the app in Nova.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Darksiders

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I was just taking a guess. It still probably is for the reason I said in my first post.
You can edit the name of the app in Nova.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Hmm in that case would you happen to know how I can contact the developer? They don't have an email or anything on Google play or their website. It's just that I find the whole name thing a bit annoying and don't want to go about changing it for so many apps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress