Bad light bleed. Am I the only one?

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I got my moto g about two weeks ago and I noticed a tiny bit of light bleed from the bottom left corner and top left of my screen but decided to just let it go because of the price of the phone.

However here I am two weeks later and it seems to be getting much worse! The entire top left corner, about 1 inch in diagonally on the screen is washed out badly on blacks, and all colors it goes over. Also. The bleed on the bottom left corner is now almost reaching the back button. What should I do? Is anyone else having problems with this? Thanks

Sent from my super awesome moto g.

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had my G for five weeks now and no issues with the screen at all...sounds like you just got a faulty one ?
A friend has the Nexus 5 and when comparing the same high res photograph side by side you do notice a colour difference. The Nexus is slightly green, and even though it's 1080p and is supposed to be better, the blacks and tonal range are better on the Moto G...the G does have a colour cast too, it's slightly magenta. But to be honest most people aren't going to notice, I'm a photographer and was comparing high res, full frame dslr images...the Moto G has an impressive screen.

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had my G for five weeks now and no issues with the screen at all...sounds like you just got a faulty one ?
A friend has the Nexus 5 and when comparing the same high res photograph side by side you do notice a colour difference. The Nexus is slightly green, and even though it's 1080p and is supposed to be better, the blacks and tonal range are better on the Moto G...the G does have a colour cast too, it's slightly magenta. But to be honest most people aren't going to notice, I'm a photographer and was comparing high res, full frame dslr images...the Moto G has an impressive screen.

Yeah I am definitely sending it back. I am sad though, who knows how long it will take them to "repair" it.

Sent from my super awesome moto g.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77