Fell a little bit of lag when turning pages

Natosc

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone!
I hope you can help me with this problem: sometimes when I turn the pages (of the home screen) on my Moto G I fell like it lags a little bit. I had one widget (time) but I removed it for looking if that was the problem. Anyway, it keeps lagging. Could you help me?

Let?s say that its new and only has 1.1 GB used... This porblem shows up when I turn the pages of the home screen several times.

Thanks you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Something like that can be very subjective. Do you think you can take a quick video of what you mean and post it?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Was it faster when you first used it? How long have you had it? Has the phone been updated?

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Natosc

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everybody! I did what B. Diddy says, and I think that its better now. Another question... is it normal that, when anything is running and all the apps are closed, the device consumes 500/600 mb of RAM? Thanks you all!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everybody! I did what B. Diddy says, and I think that its better now. Another question... is it normal that, when anything is running and all the apps are closed, the device consumes 500/600 mb of RAM? Thanks you all!

Android likes having ram full. So the near exact opposite of Windows.

Natosc

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Once I did what B. Diddy says, i connected the phone to the charged and it rebooted... It didn?t happen before of doing this process...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't see much lag or stutter there. If you swipe back and forth very quickly, that might generate a slight amount of lag, but does it happen with normal swiping behavior?

Natosc

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah man, it also (sometimes) happens when I swipe the pages normally. I really dont know. Anything is open and it happens with or without widgets (I only have one, time)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You can try turning animations down. Go to About phone, hit build number 6 or 7 times. That will unlock developer options. Go in there, and scroll down to window, animation and transitions. Turn them down to .5 and see if that helps.

twin100

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The tweaks are available within the settings of all recent Android phones in a section called “Developer options.”

This section might be hidden on some phones, but it’s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it’s currently hidden (for example, search “enable developer options HTC One”).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an “Advanced” subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it’s set to “1x” by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to “.5x” — that’s it...restart phone also

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

That is about right

eza4uqub.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Moto G

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Here is another screenshot for comparison.

Attachments

• 1401742770251.jpg
    1401742770251.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 28

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Might just be how it is on the G. Can you compare your phone with any other Moto G's? Maybe check one out at the local Verizon store, if it's on display?

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I also have the lag. It happens occasionaly. Its the UI. 4.4.3 might fix it. Don't bother with it you aren't the only one. Its not the phone its android. It happens to some users not everyone. Guess we are a bit unlucky.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app