My Moto G storage space is mysteriously gone, where could it have gone?

Ethan Rankin

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Moto G Storage Space Mysteriously Gone

Hi,
I have tried to install the app Fifa 15 on my Moto G, which is 1.2 GB (a monster). I have tried TWICE, and each time I install it this is what happens.
I clear just enough storage to download it, and then it allows me to click buy and it downloads all the way until it finishes, and after it does, it says "There is insufficient space on your device". The first time, I had about 2.5 GB of storage remaining pre-download. After the download, I had no sign of the app, but now only 1.3 GB. The second time, the same thing happened and I was left with <100 MB remaining. I probably should have taken the hint and stopped downloading, but now I am stuck with 2.4 GB missing.

In the storage settings, the different types of files do not add up in any way to the amount of storage it says I have left. ex. I have 8 GB of storage, and I add up all my files (6 GB), and it says I have 25 MB remaining.

Where is this storage space? Do I have 2 Fifa files hidden somewhere in my phone? How can I delete them?

Thanks in advance, Ethan

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto G Storage Space Mysteriously Gone

Welcome to Android Central! There's probably one or more .obb file associated with the game that wasn't cleared out after the unsuccessful install. .obb files are big big files. Use a file manager app to look in your directories for anything associated with FIFA, and look specifically for .obb files. Delete them if they are clearly associated with the FIFA game.

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto G Storage Space Mysteriously Gone

You could also use a cache cleaner. They're free in Google Play typically. If you already have one, never mind. :)

Posted via the Android Central App