Problem with Google Music taking up internal space, how can I fix this?

Jorden Marsengill

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Problem with Google Music taking up internal space

Phone: Moto G 8GB (2nd Gen) [XT1064]

I currently use Google Music for all of my music needs. I enjoy downloading a lot of music for offline purposes. Unfortunately, my phone can't make up it's mind on how to store it.

I've currently got it set up to use my 32GB SD card as external storage. It shows up just fine in Google Music and acts as if it's using it. My problem however is that the same storage amount is reflected in the overall app, meaning all the space being used on the external is showing up for my internal storage as well which causes my internal storage to fill up. Any way to fix this issue?

TLDR; I download music to external storage but also mirrors total space used on internal storage causing full device storage

1.png2.png3.png4.png

EDIT: Images show different storage amounts. Was taking screenshots while re-adding music downloads to phone after previously purging them

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problem with Google Music taking up internal space

Play Music uses external storage for downloading songs and albums, but internal storage for caching streaming. Turn off "Auto off-line" and clear cache to get back your internal space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty