My Moto X2 drawings...

andresgalvan98

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Before a anyone says anything, I know the Moto X hasn't isn't even being sold yet. This is sort of what I would want for next year's version that got left out this year.

Beware of bad drawing and art dyslexia...
http://db.tt/ww4ZGjXP

While I would like everyone to be honest when they criticize me, I'm not asking for opinions on the art, I just want to see if my ideas on the designs are good. Thanks in advance.

My idea was to be able to (on top of today's customization options) choose different backplates for the phone. Not just the materials are different now. There are three available designs of the back of the phone to choose from.

A few things I know already...
-The different placement of the camera and flash would make it harder to mass manufacture.
-My AT&T globe sucks.
-I have no idea WHY I put the globe on these, I didn't want any carrier branding. My mind doesn't work properly sometimes...
-The page is very messy, I had an idea and cooked it up in 20 minutes.

Posted with my HTC One

Last edited:

Slusho64

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I like the stereo speakers and that you centered the front mic (don't know why they didn't do that). Don't know what that bar is near the camera. Also, it doesn't make sense that they would add a logo to the front and make it 5" as those were major features (not having annoying logos and the 4.7" screen with small bezels making it the only flagship to be comfortable and usable with one hand). And is that a camera button on the side? The camera app is tap anywhere to take a picture, so there would be no reason for that. I like the last back design the most as everything is centered and keeps with the Moto X's design.

jaboop

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I got some requests I need a kickstand like the HTC thunderbolt and some front facing speakers like the HTC one :) and this better run keyh lime pie haha, very nice!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Lanzeelus

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
YES! time to rev up the hype machine for the next X-Phone already! Allow me to get us started!

Moto X2 to feature X88 processor which contains a Sexaginti-Core CPU with a Deca-Core GPU that is capable of rendering real life. Also added in are 9 extra low power contextual computing cores that will register all actual computing on the phone rendering the other 60 CPU cores for show only, and 3 language processing units that will allow the phone to process up to three different human voices in order to process an entire conversation. Now when you're in an argument with someone, the phone can decipher what is being argued and can search Wikipedia and other sources to analyze facts and determine a victor. For those who are wrong a lot, this feature can be turned off. Another new addition in the X88 are 6 cans of beer, that the phone will offer when it senses you need it, like when it hears your boss has fired you, or your wife has left you for a richer and clearly more attractive man. The brand of beer can be customized with the new Moto Maker tool.*

*exclusive to At&t for the first 27 minutes

More specs include 10.1 GB of RAM, your choice of 8 or 16 TB of storage, a 41.001 MP camera that can rotate to be on the front or the back, and a 1,800 mAh battery. The phone will also have a holographic display, that floats elegantly over the screen, that also allows Z-Ordering of elements, which allows for layered elements, so that more important elements can raise farther out of the screen, closer to you. Perfect for the new full multitasking capabilities in Android 6.9, Licorice.

The revolutionary new design departs from the ergonomic design of the first X Phone, and opts for a more industrial design. With a thin metal frame for easy denting, and a glossy plastic exterior for cheap feeling, the sharp cornered X2 is able to achieve an incredible 4.5mm thinness. Rather than sit comfortably in the hand, foolishly allowing for human imperfection to drop it, the phone's sharp design stays in the hand of the user by stabbing through the fingers and palm and clinging in the user's hand, so it doesn't fall, all while still allowing the thumb to still move and navigate the screen. Worried about all that blood? Well don't be! Because the Moto X2 uses Motorola's famed nano-coating on its internals so that your blood and crybaby tears won't ruin the phone.

So what do you guys think? Sounds awesome! This is gonna be such an amazing phone. The only big missing piece is the price, but based on the fact that Google once sold a Nexus 4 for $299, combined with the fact that this is absolutely not a Nexus device, and uses very expensive components, I'm guessing around $99 unlocked and $-199 on contract. Motorola definitely doesn't want to make money.

Lanzeelus

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
In all seriousness though, I like those drawings. I like how they actually stay true to the Moto X design, and still incorporate some extra goodies like stereo speakers. Still, to be honest, I wouldn't care that much about steroe speakers. I just want the speakers to be front facing. I strongly dislike having to choose between audio and video when watching a video without headphones. I understand why it's difficult to implement, particularly in a compact design. It just bothers me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa