Moto X - T-Mobile SIM - Assistance

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone pop in a SIM from T-Mobile's iphone 5 to see if it works. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well considering that the X being released is locked to AT&T, I can say with certainty that it won't work with a tmobile SIM.

Posted via Android Central App

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
That's not entirely true. The Droid Ultra and Maxx out of the box can connect to AT&T's network just by popping in the SIM, and those are exclusive to Verizon.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/22/droid-ultra-can-connect-to-atts-hspa-network-out-of-the-box/

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I think that only is the case for Verizon phone. IIRC, due to regulatory reasons, Verizon LTE phones must be unlocked on HSPA/GSM networks. AT&T phones do not have any such restrictions and are locked only to AT&T.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I think that only is the case for Verizon phone. IIRC, due to regulatory reasons, Verizon LTE phones must be unlocked on HSPA/GSM networks. AT&T phones do not have any such restrictions and are locked only to AT&T.

This. AT&T isn't going to make it that easy for other competitors users to get a phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress