Wow!!!!!!

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You cannot take calls using Motorola connect on your laptop, you only get incoming call notifcations, you can chose to ignore thats it .
.But you can connect X to your laptop's bluetooth and take the call using your laptops mic and speakers/headset after answering the call on X.

Well I have a headset on my desktop and incoming calls do work on it so that is super useful.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Isn't this the truth? Granted, I can use Active Notifications from the Play Store on my S4 to get similar results, but it doesn't work nearly as well as the built-in notifications on my Moto X. And having to push the home button on my iPhone 5 to see if I've missed anything makes it feel like a complete dinosaur.

Motorola and Google hit it out of the park with this little phone. It's an absolute joy to use and now that I've gotten the update that improves the camera (AT&T), it really is a top of the line device. It really makes me excited to see where this Moto/Google relationship goes from here because IMO, they've gotten off to a smashing start.

There is this little thing called the notification center on iOS 5 and above..... Why would you go back to the home screen?

sorry.Got what you said cleared up now. and also I know you from Mac Rumors:p

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I got the Note 3, which is an awesome phone but I'm looking to trade it in for the moto x. However, I want the wood back before I switch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
WOW! is 100% accurate.
I went an picked up one of these today. SOOOOO much smoother than the S4. Anyone who thinks this phone is a mid-grade phone, hasn't used one.
I can't make this phone lag. Buttons are rock solid, tight. No plastic "creaking" noise when squeezed. Back speaker is LOUD compared to anything other than the HTC One.
I almost bought the S4 again today, then I thought, I can take it back within 14 days, I will give Moto a shot since I had tried a couple LG phones and S4 already.
Great phone. GREAT software. There are some Killer features on this phone. Maybe not as many as Touch Wiz, but I had 90% of that fluff turned off on my S4 when I had it anyways.
I kept my iPhone and will carry 2 devices. I can't really whip out a Moto X while I am at work. (apple) Now I have the best of both worlds.
Honestly, anyone even remotely considering this device, pull the trigger, try it for a few days. I promise you will be impressed.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
A little correction. its Verizon who is delaying the update. the rest of the carriers got the update

Do you know this for certain. I have read that motorola pushes the update themselves after getting the software back from vzw.
VZW is telling me that moto will push the update very soon. At&t released the X about one week prior to VZW and just pushed their update. We should see ours very soon.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
A little correction. its Verizon who is delaying the update. the rest of the carriers got the update

Actually US Cellular hasnt pushed out the update either.I have been following that to see which one is going to be next Verizon or US Cellular :)

Attachments

• updates.JPG
    updates.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 24

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you know this for certain. I have read that motorola pushes the update themselves after getting the software back from vzw.
VZW is telling me that moto will push the update very soon. At&t released the X about one week prior to VZW and just pushed their update. We should see ours very soon.

yes, I am sure. Motorola will push the update but it can only push it when verizon give the green signal.
so the holdup is on verizons part and not with Motorola.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty