I think the Moto X has done it...

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Moto X off contract in December and have had an upgrade available since March. Three flagship phones have been released (Galaxy S5, One M8, and LG G3) and I have not wanted to use my upgrade on any of them just because this phone is so amazing. I cant see giving up active notifications, Motorola assist or any of the other features. I usually change phones every couple months but I just can't see getting rid this for anything besides the next Moto X. What about you guys? Has the Moto X changed your guys minds about upgrading?

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think the same thing every time I get a new phone....
But yes, the X has ideal ergonomics and is the most stable and smooth phone I have had thus far. If that holds up I will probably keep it until the '15 iPhone is released and I have the full spectrum of phones to choose from.

Posted via Android Central App

BootlegZani

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I normally obsessively upgrade my phone. I even got a Nexus 5 after my Moto X and I continue to use the Moto X as my daily driver. No phone that has come out that has come even close including all the flagships. I am literally only holding out for a Moto X+1.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear this! I'm the exact same way. Obsessive about the new phones, stealing upgrades from my family and reading everything about the new flagships. This phone has satisfied me somehow. I have an upgrade coming in a month and I have no desire to use it. I'm just waiting for the X+1. I'm pretty sure I'll just buy it outright. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Alcarnor14

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Another "Same Here" ... Started with the Droid MAXX when that was released. It's a nice phone, but it isn't as easy on the hand. The G2 and the Moto X fit my hand better and best, and I really like the software on the current motorola phones the best. Waiting for the next X.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Moto X = total smartphone satisfaction. Not wanting for more..... Except the Moto 360!

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree. I was a rooting romming flashaholic till I got this. I haven't even rooted it as Android has grown up enough to have everything I want and the Moto X interface is the icing on the cake

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list too. I've had the X since early September.. Longest I've kept a smartphone probably. Its hard to not upgrade to the new s5, m8 or even the G3. I want something new but I cannot give up active notifications, twist camera and assist. I pray the X+1 will come very soon as I've had the itch for a while but I know I'd miss my X too much lol. Bring on the X2 (or horrible sounding X+1?) ASAP 😀

Posted via Android Central App - Moto X

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
same here. bought the X off contract, have an upgrade available through Big Red. i wouldn't even consider replacing it until I at least see the next gen X.

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I have no real desire to upgrade or change phones anytime soon. I have had mine since the end of January I think and I love it. I switched over from an iPhone 5 and haven't looked back. This was my first Android device and I loved it so much it caused me to go sell my iPad and get a Google Nexus 7 right away and then just last week I picked up a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 which is amazing as well. Anyway, I really think the Moto X is the best phone I've had. I really wish the camera was usable and not garbage but it's a phone, not a camera.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I would like the same form factor with a bigger battery and a better camera but other than that am happy.

Scratchyjam

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Don't have the X but i'm really looking to what Motorola offers with the X+1. If they bump up the specs a bit (not massively, but a necessary incremental boost), include a great camera, and then if possible throw in a few more awesome software features like on the X then i'm absolutely sold.

That said, if it doesn't get released in Europe straight away unlike the X then i'm gonna be pissed.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I too love the X. I am not the biggest Android fan had bad experiences previously. However I have my wife my iPhone because her phone died and I picked up a Moto X. I am content and not in the market for a new device. Great useful features, nice screen, nice ergonomics, simply no complaints. Maybe I am not an Android fan, but I am a big Moto X fan.

Sent from my Moto X...

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the X is mostly very good, it makes calls in challenging signal areas and the UI is smooth. I think my G Flex doesn't have as strong of antenna reception but the screen and camera and RAM made the difference for me. The S5 and the M8 are kinda disappointing, will see about the G3 but probably holding out for a Flex 2...

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I change phones every few more this and have had most of the latest and greatests like iPhone 5, note 2, s4, HTC one and now my moto x. Other than the camera the moto x is by far the best. I no longer need to use alternate launchers or download messaging apps etc. The X has exactly what I needed. The feel of the phone is amazing too. I don't have a case on it 99% of the time. When I do I use an Otterbox Commuter (came with the phone), and really hate it. I have an upgrade in November and am curious to see what the Moto X+1 has to offer.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The Moto X has all the features I need or use on a daily basis.Its not overloaded with gimmicky stuff like some phones are. After having it for almost 9 months it still is buttery smooth(lag free).It has been the best out of the box stock android phone I have ever owned. :) I havent had any regrets on purchasing the Moto X.For my use the camera has served its intended purpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress