Sprint. 2013 moto x is longer available

motoxfan

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
We know 2014 is not offered. But does this means Sprint will stop updates for the 2013 model , that means no Android. L whenever. It get rolled out

Posted via the Android Central App

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding, Motorola will support the phone still and provide updates at least until it's 2 years old. Shouldn't be any different from any other version of Moto X. As far as availability on the '13 model, looks like you can only buy it off contract at online retails like Amazon and the likes for Sprint. I know VZW has stopped selling it in stores and online as well. It appears the '13 model got discontinued. Either way, I love my OG X and I'm having a hard time deciding to get the new one or not.

Last edited:

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Looking for a Sprint phone for a friend. There are still some new in box X's on ebay. If this friend needs to use it outside of the U.S. as a GSM phone how does he get the GSM side unlocked? Also is there an easy way to make it a fully unlocked GSM phone if he decides in the future to ditch Sprint and move to a GSM carrier?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Looking for a Sprint phone for a friend. There are still some new in box X's on ebay. If this friend needs to use it outside of the U.S. as a GSM phone how does he get the GSM side unlocked? Also is there an easy way to make it a fully unlocked GSM phone if he decides in the future to ditch Sprint and move to a GSM carrier?

As far as getting to use it outside the US while on Sprint, you would have to call Sprint to see what they offer outside the US. Not sure if it is as easy as replacing the SIM for a carrier locked phone.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
As far as getting to use it outside the US while on Sprint, you would have to call Sprint to see what they offer outside the US. Not sure if it is as easy as replacing the SIM for a carrier locked phone.
My understanding is that if you ask nicely, Sprint will unlock the GSM side of their branded phones for GSM use outside of the U.S. Then you can use any non-domestic sim in the phone. I don't know if they'd do that for a phone purchased from ebay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87