Asurion Replacement for 2013 Moto X (32GB) Moto Maker?

brybelle22

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Update: After going through the claims process, here's what Asurion offered: I will be given a replacement 2014 version of the Moto X to cover the cracked screen of my 2013 Moto X. Since my 2013 Moto X was customized, I am getting a customized version for my replacement 2014 Moto X. The only catch is that my customized 2014 will be the exact same customization as my 2013 version. So same slate gray back, black front and yellow trim only new version.

Does anyone know how Asurion will honor the replacement of a moto maker customized 2013 Moto X 32 GB? My worst scenario would be a refurbished brick and mortar 2013 version (black or white); the best scenario would be a credit to build a 2014 32 GB version since the 2013 is no longer available to customize and order.

Anyone have any experience with this process with Asurion?

Thanks,
A

Last edited:

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi brybelle22,

When filing a claim for a custom Moto Maker X device, we will work with you to get a like-for-like replacement. Keep in mind all of our phones do come with a 1 year limited warranty. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We’d be happy to answer them.

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team
@AsurionCares
Welcome to Phoneclaim.com

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Wow Asurion responded that pretty cool. Let's me know they are paying attention to there customers!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Android Central Forums

Winkzz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear you had positive experience with them. Wish I could say mine was. After my experience I dropped the insurance coverage, luckily Motorola stepped up and handled my replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear you had positive experience with them. Wish I could say mine was. After my experience I dropped the insurance coverage, luckily Motorola stepped up and handled my replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App

Same here. It wasn't with my Moto, it was a couple of years ago. I dropped them and never went back. I have 4 smartphones on my family plan. I've been using seccurant for all of them. Have only had to file 1 claim, but they were good to me. Moto has great customer service anyway, I've had good experiences with them.

Posted via Android Central App

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Same here. It wasn't with my Moto, it was a couple of years ago. I dropped them and never went back. I have 4 smartphones on my family plan. I've been using seccurant for all of them. Have only had to file 1 claim, but they were good to me. Moto has great customer service anyway, I've had good experiences with them.

Posted via Android Central App

I've also had nothing but bad experiences with Asurion. Now, I don't have insurance, and I set the $10/month aside for a savings fund to replace my phone if broken. I buy all my phones unlocked and off contact anyway.

When my first moto x bought directly from moto maker had a front camera problem Motorola replaced it no questions asked. They gave me a code to design a brand new one on Moto Maker and told me to keep the faulty one until the new one arrived.

brybelle22

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
My replacement Moto X is on it's way. The order was placed by Asurion 10/11/14, was shipped yesterday and will be delivered tomorrow 10/17/14. Pretty fast turn around. I was a little weary about the process since I never received any contact from Motorola, but after calling Asurion, they we able to provide me with a tracking number. Overall a pretty painless process; however, would've been not happy if my replacement would've been a refurbished generic 2013 Moto X.

Ryan Eskew

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
You are lucky, they don't replace the standard ones with Moto X's. I filed a claim and received a Samsung Galaxy that I sold and then repurchased a custom Moto X.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
You are lucky, they don't replace the standard ones with Moto X's. I filed a claim and received a Samsung Galaxy that I sold and then repurchased a custom Moto X.

Wow that's a real raw deal. As a former owner of a Galaxy S4 I can say that it isn't anywhere near to on par with the Moto X.

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site

While we strive to replace with like make and model, if that device is not available at the time of the claim we may offer to send a comparable model. Did you agree to accept the Samsung Galaxy S4 as a replacement?

Ryan Eskew

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
While we strive to replace with like make and model, if that device is not available at the time of the claim we may offer to send a comparable model. Did you agree to accept the Samsung Galaxy S4 as a replacement?

Sorry it has been a while since I have been on the forums. I did accept the replacement as it was the only option available and subsequently sold the phone and repurchased a Moto X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non