Moto X 2014 Cases!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks,

Does anyone have any recondition on a good see through case for the Moto X? Or hell just cases in general! Lets hear them. (I have a feeling I will not see a UAG case anytime soon if at all! ><)

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cases!

Hey folks,

Does anyone have any recondition on a good see through case for the Moto X? Or hell just cases in general! Lets hear them. (I have a feeling I will not see a UAG case anytime soon if at all! ><)

Diztronic makes great cases. They don't have one for the new X yet, but should be soon.

rusty136

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Have my eye on the Case-Mate Naked Tough Case for Moto X 2nd Gen ( $ 20). It is listed on the Case-Mate website, but not yet available to order. ATT lists this case for pre-order, with an expected ship date of 9/26. I definitely want a clear case, as there is no point in getting a phone with a fancy back, and covering it up with an opaque case.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Have my eye on the Case-Mate Naked Tough Case for Moto X 2nd Gen ( $ 20). It is listed on the Case-Mate website, but not yet available to order. ATT lists this case for pre-order, with an expected ship date of 9/26. I definitely want a clear case, as there is no point in getting a phone with a fancy back, and covering it up with an opaque case.

I agree! Are you talking about this one?

Gelli Cases for Moto X by CaseMate

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I go through a dozen or more cases on every phone I buy (ask my wife) but I always end up back with a simple tpu case like diztronic.

rusty136

May 14, 2012
Visit site

No. The Gelli case is translucent, not clear. AC won't let me post a link, but go to the Case-Mate website and look under Motorola phones. It's the Naked Tough Case CM031809.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

No. The Gelli case is translucent, not clear. AC won't let me post a link, but go to the Case-Mate website and look under Motorola phones. It's the Naked Tough Case CM031809.

If it's translucent and not clear, the I don't want the Gelli. The case I'm using on my current X is like that, and I have always thought it kind of defeated the purpose of a custom color. I'll check out that Case-Mate.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't use a case with my ebony backed moto. I did for a while but then I realized I'm covering the reason why I went with a Moto X. I just use a tempered glass screen protector and I bought the Moto are coverage for my phone. It really is a solid device.

posted via my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the unicorn beetle one but can't comment until I get the phone on Friday :( I had the same one for my old moto x and absolutely loved it. The new case looks exactly the same but larger for this gen.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I like the look of this new one from Motorola's site: Motorola

It doesn't have a back so it's more of a bumper case but seems like it'll protect the corners of the device well while still showing off the custom back.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the Supcase Unicorn case on my first gen Moto X. I really like it. It has the clear back to show off my ebony wood back on my phone. I work outside for a living and it protects my phone really well. I also have a halo screen protector on my phone. I keep my phone in my back pocket throughout the day. Protects it very well. I would recommend this case to anyone.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

buggyman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I ordered a case from Amazon. Already delivered yesterday. . I am looking for a belt holster that will work. For the original moto x I used a galaxy s3 holster and it worked perfectly. . Wondering if an s4 holster will work.

Posted via Android Central App

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Why would you cover this phone up? The main thing it has going for it is the customization and then you put a case on?

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Why would you cover this phone up? The main thing it has going for it is the customization and then you put a case on?

If I didn't use a case, my phone would get destroyed in my line of work. Not everyone works in an office or non abusive environment. I work outside for a living, if I didn't have a case on my phone I'd be buying a new phone on a regular basis. I take my case off on the weekends, but during the week while at work a good case is essential for me and many in my line/type of work.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

It's a shame to put anything on it, but a decent bumper is essential for me. I don't need anything super heavy duty, but as often as I lay my phone down on my desk, etc., the back would get dirty/scratched up pretty quickly. The back of my current X looks as good as the day I bought it, but I really want something completely clear so the back isn't obscured. The current Cimo case I have now is pretty much perfect, but some of it's frosted, and I don't want that for my new X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch