Moto X 2014 Voice says, "Opening Google"

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Voice says, "Opening Google"

I uninstalled the update last night, all was well again. Unfortunately it reinstalled itself this morning and made me redo the voice training.

Disable the automatic updates for Google Play and just to manual updates as needed. It isn't that big of a deal and is only temporary until Moto fixes their stuff.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
So you returned your phone because it says "Opening Google" ?

No, I returned it because of recurrent crashes with correspondent battery reports that look like it could be an electronics problem. Was within 14-day window. Rather than replace it I'm considering the Turbo and/or maybe waiting until I can order with L pre-loaded. I may still go back to the X, in all likelihood for less than I paid for the one I returned.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No, I returned it because of recurrent crashes with correspondent battery reports that look like it could be an electronics problem. Was within 14-day window. Rather than replace it I'm considering the Turbo and/or maybe waiting until I can order with L pre-loaded. I may still go back to the X, in all likelihood for less than I paid for the one I returned.
You'll def be able to get it cheaper as time goes on. I would have went with the Turbo myself, but I'm on AT&T. The only reason would be the personal security of knowing I have a huge battery Although I'm presently surprised that I get a full day use with the X's relatively smaller battery.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely fixed, though it still does it on occasion when connected to Blue Tooth devices to indicate activity during expected pauses.

The fact that Moto listened to their users' outcry and responded with a fix this quickly speaks volumes as to their intent to try to deliver a better user experience. I doubt the other manufacturers would have responded as quickly (if at all).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer