Might be jumping ship...

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
When I got the X I originally loved it but quickly I realized the battery would not be enough for me. I am an extremely heavy user. I attempted to bring it back to Verizon but since I had already used my upgrade before on a phone and brought I back i was not allowed to do it again. So I gave the X another about 2 weeks of use but it is still not cutting it. I am probably going to be buying the Turbo at full retail and selling the X to make up for my losses. I wanted to love this phone because I had the original X and loved it but they just didn't improve in the areas they needed to

Posted via the Android Central App

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Why did you buy a phone with such a small battery then? Just get a portable battery for emergencies.. I kill my battery by 6pm but I just charge it again around 3pm and I'm good all night.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I felt the same way. I loved both my 13 and 14 X. The Turbo came out on the 30th and my brother, being a droid lover (droid 1,2,3,4, razr hd maxx, then maxx), wanted it. So we went to the store to get him one and I was really torn if I should return my X and get the Turbo too. After some debate, I exchanged my X for a 64GB Ballistic Nylon Turbo. My brother has now returned his Turbo because he was only getting 1 bar of wifi where his maxx was getting 3-4. He couldn't even watch Netflix without it stopping to load and the volume is not loud and is back using his Maxx. Now...I'm seriously considering returning my Turbo and buying another X from Motorola. The Turbo screen is gorgeous, the battery is good as well (I couldn't get more than a day out of it but still better than the X) but I can't deal with the volume problems and the increased thickness/tallness makes it just every so slightly uncomfortable to reach the capacitive buttons at the bottom. Why is there always compromises ugh

Last edited:

opticflare

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I am too thinking about going back to the 2nd gen Moto X. I was just like some on here, Droid Turbo came out and I purchased one after being romanced by the specs, battery life, all the rave about it.

After using it since Friday I do think I like my Moto X 2014 better too. I like the build of the Moto X a lot better, I find it MUCH easier to hold and coupled with my Diztronic TPU case its a ergonomic dream. Don't get me wrong I think the Turbo is a very cool phone, but the X to me has much better voice and volume quality during phone calls and its speaker sounds a lot better in general, I also love the on screen buttons a lot better and the fact that they'll be getting the lollipop buttons too which will be cool.

I don't really notice the performance differences between the two because I'm a fairly light user, I just use my device for phone calls, text, browsing the web, checking emails and a occasional youtube video, when I'm home I'm more using my computers or tablet and my phone just more lays on a desk and pretty much just becomes a phone at that point.

Same with working, I pretty much unplug my phone off the charger right before I leave work, and with light to average use throughout the day I typically come home with 40-60% left depending on what I've done. I know the Moto X battery life isn't the best compared to some flagships but I still think its a very good battery, its pretty similar to the iPhone 6's battery life which is regarded as a pretty decent battery too, I think people are just trying to compare the X to flagships with mega batteries in them when its not meant to be that. I pretty much have a charger at my desk at work, a car charger, and chargers all over the house too, and I've never really needed to plug it from running out throughout the day. I always plug my phone in at night when I go to sleep.

I love the Droid Turbo's battery, its impressive but I think in my case I don't really think I need it, so I'll probably just get my Moto X back.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I am honestly just so torn. I really want the size, ergonomics and leather of my X. I really want the beautiful screen (w/free replacement) and extra screen real estate of the Turbo. Worst thing about it is whatever I choose I'm going to be disappointed that I don't have what I'm missing. Oh, whether to exchange or not...

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am too thinking about going back to the 2nd gen Moto X. I was just like some on here, Droid Turbo came out and I purchased one after being romanced by the specs, battery life, all the rave about it.

After using it since Friday I do think I like my Moto X 2014 better too. I like the build of the Moto X a lot better, I find it MUCH easier to hold and coupled with my Diztronic TPU case its a ergonomic dream. Don't get me wrong I think the Turbo is a very cool phone, but the X to me has much better voice and volume quality during phone calls and its speaker sounds a lot better in general, I also love the on screen buttons a lot better and the fact that they'll be getting the lollipop buttons too which will be cool.

I don't really notice the performance differences between the two because I'm a fairly light user, I just use my device for phone calls, text, browsing the web, checking emails and a occasional youtube video, when I'm home I'm more using my computers or tablet and my phone just more lays on a desk and pretty much just becomes a phone at that point.

Same with working, I pretty much unplug my phone off the charger right before I leave work, and with light to average use throughout the day I typically come home with 40-60% left depending on what I've done. I know the Moto X battery life isn't the best compared to some flagships but I still think its a very good battery, its pretty similar to the iPhone 6's battery life which is regarded as a pretty decent battery too, I think people are just trying to compare the X to flagships with mega batteries in them when its not meant to be that. I pretty much have a charger at my desk at work, a car charger, and chargers all over the house too, and I've never really needed to plug it from running out throughout the day. I always plug my phone in at night when I go to sleep.

I love the Droid Turbo's battery, its impressive but I think in my case I don't really think I need it, so I'll probably just get my Moto X back.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Its a very hard decision I've been thinking about it the past few days. The only hard part is, I'll have to wait for another new X to arrive in the mail. I need to order it soon but I'm still not 100% sure what course of action to take.

Posted via the Android Central App - Droid Turbo

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I am glad to see I am not the only one feeling this way between the Moto X and Droid Turbo. I really like the new Moto X, sure I wish it was a touch smaller like my OG Moto X but it seems like it's improved on everything I would have wanted them to. I already know first hand the camera is way better than last years from comparing pictures taken at the same time with my phone and my friends 2014 one. I also don't need two day battery life, a thinner and lighter phone that gets me through a day is good enough for me.

I think what makes me torn is $149 for a Moto X with 32GB vs $199 for the Droid Turbo which also comes with a turbo charger in the box! Motorola should really considering offering a free turbo charger to Moto X buyers to at least try and even things out a bit.

Of course I am also tempted to just say the hell with it and get a Nexus 6 but that's a whole other thing. :)

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I think what makes me torn is $149 for a Moto X with 32GB vs $199 for the Droid Turbo which also comes with a turbo charger in the box!

If you have (or get a cheap used) an old smartphone to trade the Turbo goes down to $99. Plus they waive the upgrade fee on the Turbo. Plus the include a free screen replacement if needed. VZW is really tilting the scale toward their exclusive phone.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
If you have (or get a cheap used) an old smartphone to trade the Turbo goes down to $99. Plus they waive the upgrade fee on the Turbo. Plus the include a free screen replacement if needed. VZW is really tilting the scale toward their exclusive phone.

I know. Either way I am probably going to wait til both phones get Android 5.0 before I make a decision. Maybe by then the Moto X will be on like a fire sale like they did shortly after release last year.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I know. Either way I am probably going to wait til both phones get Android 5.0 before I make a decision. Maybe by then the Moto X will be on like a fire sale like they did shortly after release last year.

I think the 16gb X will be free on contract before the end of the year. Costco already has it at $30 w/$150 Costco Card for first time buyers. Amazon already has it as $49 for at&t (haven't checked for VZW).

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the 16gb X will be free on contract before the end of the year. Costco already has it at $30 w/$150 Costco Card for first time buyers. Amazon already has it as $49 for at&t (haven't checked for VZW).

Best Buy and Amazon had the X already for a $1 on contract. Best Buy was last week, Amazon has the VZW for $1 as well: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NO2WXM4/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p107_d9_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0DPC74F9X32F4M8TR82C&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

ATT black 16GB is free on Amazon now! Amazon.com: Motorola Moto X - 2nd Generation, Black Resin 16GB (AT&T): Cell Phones & Accessories

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Same boat here. Got the Turbo Sunday and I'm already thinking to returning this thing... its heavy and th BN is slippery. Also there have been couple of situation where the phone haven't performed well. I think this phone software is not optimized for the top of the line hardware. Unlike the Moto X where the software is well paired with the hardware. OP couldn't describe it better!

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I think what makes me torn is $149 for a Moto X with 32GB vs $199 for the Droid Turbo which also comes with a turbo charger in the box! Motorola should really considering offering a free turbo charger to Moto X buyers to at least try and even things out a bit.

That turbo charger is the best! It charges my X so fast and is super convenient when I need to charge in a hurry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress