Screen defects

Angel Markov

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone experienced defects with their phone ? Why do all the websites and reviewers never even mention defects when reviewing phones ?

My Moto X pure was purchased on Moto's website in the beginning of January , I just received my second return label ,I am sending it in for repairs , since my screen has failed for THE SECOND TIME IN 3 MONTHS !!! How is that good build quality ? There are so many threads on the lenovo/moto forum ,with people complaining about the device's screen failing , or speaker grills falling off , or speakers not working - why do 'media' , or 'media' wanna be sites and reviewers never talk about these. They have apparently used cheap,unreliable materials ,sold the phone , and now whoever got it is basically screwed. I am about to be left without a phone for another 2 weeks ,while it is getting repaired ( keep in mind,within a 4 month span,that will be a quarter of the time I have owned the device !! ) because they obviously install bad screens on the device, and I don't even know if the issue won't appear again in another month or two after the repair.. Is there a lemon law for cell phones,like with vehicles ? Cause at this point I can freely say that my device IS A LEMON , and as much as i love it when it works , I CAN NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE TO PURCHASE IT,since it will INEVITABLY FAIL , and that happens way before any reasonable time frame ( for reference - I use my 4 years old iphone 5 when the moto is in for repairs, this device has not failed yet ... 4 YEARS !! ).

Please,make this issue known,don't let more and more people get screwed into this . As I said - hundreds of threads with faulty moto x's on their website, go check them out.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I got mine in January also, no issues as yet. This is the first I heard of screen defects and I frequent many forums and read most all reviews. Thanks for the "heads up". Sorry you got the issues and now no phone for 2 weeks. Hope you get it sorted out. Doesn't bode well for you to buy another Motorola I'm thinking. I always keep a backup device tho so if ever I do have an issue I'm not without service till I get it taken of.

Angel Markov

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I dunno man... The issue may be a little hard to notice at first - when the display projects black color,discoloration occurs, apparently at random spots, since in both occurrences in my case it was in different places - the first time in the upper left are I had to decent sizes blots of blue hue ,the second time now I have a red dot in the lower middle area. It can only be seen when black colors are projected , and it is much more visible when brightness is set to high . But it is extremely annoying and frustrating that my brand new device,mint condition , is defective. A few people have already responded on my thread on lenovo/moto forum with the same issue,one of them - just like me - has the issue for the second time . I hope you are lucky and your device stays defect - free, but .. It is fair to have been warned ...

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Got mine last October, no issues - works great and screen is beautiful. I also think the build is quite good. Lemons exist though, as they do for every brand. If you get on different forums you will see that. I've never checked out a forum where there was all praise and no complaints. As others have said people are always more likely to get on a forum because of a complaint than they are because they're satisfied.
Personally I've never had a bad Motorola phone and both my husband and I have had quite a few. Just our experience and now that Lenovo has taken over don't know what to expect.

Posted via the Android Central App

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Second week and I have no complaints - very surprised! Hardware and software are flawless.
I did see some people complaining - issues occurring after a few months. Speaker dead , etc. When it comes to quality My OG Moto X is almost 3 years old (dunked in water, dropped multiple times) and works perfectly fine. Though they installed the worst AMOLED available (horrible burn in) and the cheapest battery cell (6 mos 35% of juice lost, 1yr 50-60%).
The quality control is the area they probably cut corners

Moto XPE/VZW Moto X DE/N7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress