Smart Move? Or Waste of Time?

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I recently used the Verizon upgrade I was granted (as a former Note 7 owner) on the Moto Z Force. I purchased the device from Best Buy since they were offering a $150 Best Buy gift card with the upgrade. The device will cost me $30/mth for the next 24 months on Verizon's device payment plan. I have already used a portion of the gift card to pay for the $50.12 in taxes for the new device.

Afterwards, I noticed that Motorola was giving a 10% discount to students if they purchased the device directly from them. So I decided to return the device to Best Buy and order it directly from Motorola's website. NOTE: While on their website, they also applied an additional 5% promo code, bringing the total cost down to $612). This approach will also keep my upgrade from Verizon intact (just in case I want to use it for something better pops up in the future).

So, here are my questions....

1. Will I get updates to my device faster now that I purchased it directly from Motorola?
  2. Will Best Buy take the $150 gift card back?

Thoughts? ;)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Will you get faster upgrades? No.

What have you gotten? Less than $300 credit for a brand new Note 7. Samsung wins - we lose.

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Smarter move would have been to purchase z force for $300 on 2 year contract from best buy online where they offer free projector mod and then selling the mod on ebay for $250. That way you basically get new top of the line device for $50.

That's what I did.