How do I wipe out and reload??

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I installed Gingerbread and absolutely hate it. I am so pissed at myself. Can anyone guide me how to get this garbage off my phone and go back to previous revision? I'm guessing I would need to wipe the phone and reload a ROM or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I can't go back I am getting rid of this phone.

Rev.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to find an sbf file and use it to restore froyo. A lot of people were doing it so they could root there phone after taking the OTA update to gingerbread which couldnt be rooted at the time.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
2.3.3 is Gingerbread. I would try just installing a ROM for Gingerbread. Im using one and I have no problems with my phone.

Read again, I didn't say 2.3.3... I said 2.2.3. Might've been 2.2.1, I dunno - whatever the last Froyo D2 update was before this Gingerbread update.

Rev.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Is there no one that can help with this? I don't want to follow the above since it's for the droid X. I can follow those steps if someone can point me to a froyo Rom. I really want the very last froyo version since if I get an older one I'm thinking if I hit update it might present the latest gingerbread update. So I don't want to be a few versions back in froyo. God I hate this new scheme. Before any suggests it, I tried installing adw and themes but they don't change the top bar nor the dialer keys nor the settings menu color etc. All my apps still also have empty grey boxes in the blank areas too.

Rev.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
OK< I got it working. I had to erase all user data, which sucks, but it's all up and running. Kinda strange through cause even though it's supposed to be the latest revision some things appear missing or different. I can't find the all in one screen brightness/gps/wifi widget. No biggie there though.

Rev.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87