HELP! Very annoying issue!

thatkid2s

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
First off, thanks for taking the time to read this. Now in to the issue. As of late (the last few days) my phone decides to completely lock up or lag at a RIDICULOUS rate where it is literally unusable! It usually takes anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour to bounce back to life. I've noticed that a battery pull may be what sets it into this very annoying state! But a FEW battery pulls is also how it eventually, very slowly returns to normal. I am using an unrooted Droid2 and running 2.3.20. I haven't installed anything recently that could be the culprit... Not that I know of anyway. Any help would be amazing. Thanks in advance!

Matt Leaf

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
How long have you had the phone. I think your best choice is to do a factory reset and see if the problem comes back. If so disable automatic backup restore and do another factory reset this time don't restore your data and add apps back one at a time

thatkid2s

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
How long have you had the phone. I think your best choice is to do a factory reset and see if the problem comes back. If so disable automatic backup restore and do another factory reset this time don't restore your data and add apps back one at a time

Sweet! Thanks for the response. I was hoping to avoid restoring all apps but you are definitely right, this is my best shot. Also, I've had the phone for about three months our so. Thanks again!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Oh no problem. I've seen allot of bugs the bad thing when I was going to post this I too got a lock up forcing me to reboot. A quick way to reboot is to press alt the up and delete