Verizon 3G outage?

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
As of about 9:30 AM, my Droid 2 no longer connects to the network at all. The 3G icon is gone and the signal bars are white instead of blue (Gingerbread). I cannot use any data services at all and am also having great difficulty making phone calls and sending/receiving SMS.

I have tried using *228 to update my PRL. I have rebooted and pulled the battery several times, toggled airplane mode. Nada.

I was also having the same problem with my modem, which is a Novatel U760 that I connect to Verizon's network with through reseller Millenicom. It would dial, but throw up an error saying the remote server didn't respond, or would connect, but then refuse to load websites.

I am in the 48073 zipcode of Michigan. Is there anyone in that area who is having similar difficulty with their Verizon Wireless smartphone or 3G modem?

Thank you.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
it may just be a temporarily down problem. you could call verizon and ask if they are aware of the outage. maybe they are doing maintenance.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I called them and they said others in my area had complained. They added me to a trouble ticket. Things seem normal as of this morning, but I am wary.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I called them and they said others in my area had complained. They added me to a trouble ticket. Things seem normal as of this morning, but I am wary.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Been having that issue for weeks myself. 2 trouble tickets to date and a phone swap. No idea whats causing it but it started after they started messing with LTE on the towers.:'(

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why installing LTE equipment necessitates messing up EVDO, unless they're doing it to try to steer EVDO users to LTE.

I think there having more issues then they want to admit. It affected every phone in our work place from the smart phones to the casio ravines we use for our field staff.
I also wonder if all these I phones messed with verizons network ?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez