Droid 3 versus Storm 2

Doofenshmirtz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I am ready to make the switch from my cranky old Storm 2 BB to an Android phone, most likely a D3. Since they are not in the stores yet for me to check out, I need to ask some questions of those that have theirs now.

With all the talk of the pentile screen on the D3, how does this compare to the Storm 2's screen?

I saw a few members around here noting they used their upgrade/new-every-two discount with their phone. Was this used/available online, or did you do to a store and order it? I'm up for my last NE2 next week, and saving money on this whole deal will go over better with my wife.

SellnCLT85

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The screen is great. Compared to the S2, the D3 will blow you away. I don't know if you were a fan of surepress or not. This is only day two for me, as I too, just upgraded from the S2. There is a def learning curve, and you will have to "relearn" how to use a smartphone. Also, you can either go to the store or online to upgrade.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Just take your time to learn Android and the D3 and you will love it. This is a great phone that has most all the features you could need.

Doofenshmirtz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I won't say I was a fan of SurePress, but I got used to it. I have an iPhone for work (not an Apple fan, I was issued the phone) and typing on that is almost too easy for me. I figured having the keyboard for heavy duty typing and the non-surepress screen for light typing will suit me well.

Thanks for the answers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non