Potential bluetooth issue

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I would love if someone else could test this...

I have a Panasonic home phone system that connects to my Maxx via bluetooth (BT) so my cell calls are routed to my home phone system. When I get in my car that is in my garage, the Maxx is still connected to the home phone system, as it should be. I start the car and the expect the Maxx to pair with the car as a phone and media player. The Maxx does pair, but only as a media player. I have to physically set the car to pair to the phone to get the "phone" access. This involves navigating to a menu and clicking some options.

This only happens when leaving my home to my car due to the overlapping BT of the two devices (home phone system and car). If I leave my office, for example, and start my car, the Maxx pairs with the car for phone and media as it should. There is not need to force the pair through my car interface. It just works as it should.

I hope I did a good job explaining this. Please let me know if anyone else sees this as an issue or I am the only one.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Did this happen with an old phone? I know my car (Acura) would do the same thing with Samsung phones connected if I activate Bluetooth after the car was started.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Did this happen with an old phone?

My old phone was a GNex and had multiple bluetooth issues, but that is a different story. But most of the time, no, it would pair as expected.

Seems like the car is pairing to the Maxx as media only because the phone was paired to my phone phone system as a "phone". Odd.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same trouble with past phones, where I will be connected to a bluetooth headset at work, and because it's still connected, it doesn't connect to the stereo in the car. Have you had any phones that didn't have this problem? I figured it was an issue of the phone only being able to connect via bluetooth to one phone device at at time, and not trying to pair with the stereo after the initial. So either an issue with Android's programming, or the stereo, not really with the specific phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38