Rooted and Overclocked, AMAZING!

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure -- I just set it and forget it =P

I have mine set to "set on boot" and I left the governor set to "on demand" (default). I am also using profiles so that the phone wont be cranking 800mhz when it's being charged (mine is generally not in use whilst charging). It's probably also wise to utilize the temperature triggered profile, just in case things heat up.

If you "refresh" it'll show what your CPU is running at. You can also try the Widget to verify.

I haven't touched the Advanced settings, and wouldn't recommend it without knowing exactly what you're doing.

Reactions: prometheus

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
ok, control-alt-delete rebooted. Got an error message regarding the nandroid backup and thenmade a bunch of selections regarding what to install, what to leave and all sorts of selections-- now it's rebooting

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
thank ya thank ya. when i hit refresh it doesnt do anything.

Then I think it's running at your selected speed already -- what does the widget say?

No, I'm flying solo ... except for thomascj holding my hand -- which, by the way - thanks thomas

No problem at all -- glad I could help. It can definitely be nerve wracking to do this kind of thing, but once you go through it once.. you'll find you're WAY more comfortable with it (maybe too comfortable?). Now that I've got everything set, I rebooted into SPRecovery and created a "simple backup" of my current setup.

A few final note's now that you're done -- from what I can tell, the only way to change the selections you made when flashing (apps, themes, etc..) is to re-flash and unselect them this time around. First time through I enabled the smoked-glass theme... looks nice in the notification bar, but looks quite awful when you pull the bar down. I ended up re-flashing and using the standard stuff. If these can be altered any other way, please let me know -- but I am fairly sure they can't, short of launching a command prompt and going at it "the hard way".

Also, the SuperUser Permissions app is simply to show you what apps you have granted permission to. When I first installed, I figured it would actually "do" something. All it does is allow you revoke root access that you have allowed elsewhere.

I can't seem to figure out what the BrightControl/AudioToggle apps are for.

For the record:

I installed most of the 2.1 apps, except launcher, which I hear is a mess right now. I also did *not* uninstall any of the factory apps (corp calendar, etc..), as I use dxTop which lets me hide them away.

Thinking about it now, perhaps uninstalling them would free up more memory/cpu ... but whatever, the boost just to 800mhz makes an incredible difference.

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Every time I've flashed the rom (whether it was the official 2.0.1 upgrade or one of the two sholes runs i did last night), the subsequent boot up (seemingly) took an eternity.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non