Slow phone, try this.

Gmanmonster

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
My brand new Turbo 2 was not impressing me, my 2013 Moto X (which was given to my daughter) was outperforming it. I tried to disable a bunch of apps and restarted a few times a day, but did not make much of a difference. I was about to do a factory reset, but dreaded the rebuild.

So, I deleted my google account, restarted the phone and re-installed my google account. I don't know why it made such a difference, but it did. The phone flies now. All the apps just zoom.

Give it a shot
Michael

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Might have been a sync glitch. Weird. But glad to see it helped! One more thing to try before the dreaded factory reset! :) Thanks for the tip!

Gmanmonster

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Settings - Accounts - Google - click on the email account you want to delete, it will take you to the sync page. Click 3 dots in upper right corner - select remove account. Answer "continue" to questions

I restarted my phone after the removal, then re-added the same account. I am guessing that Spookdroid was right and some syncing glitch was bogging down my phone.

Edward Llamas

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
My brand new Turbo 2 was not impressing me, my 2013 Moto X (which was given to my daughter) was outperforming it. I tried to disable a bunch of apps and restarted a few times a day, but did not make much of a difference. I was about to do a factory reset, but dreaded the rebuild.

So, I deleted my google account, restarted the phone and re-installed my google account. I don't know why it made such a difference, but it did. The phone flies now. All the apps just zoom.

Give it a shot
Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress